My wife and I recently traveled to The Crane for our honeymoon! We had a 7 night stay at the resort and absolutely loved every minute of it! From our arrival for check-in to check-out, the staff were very friendly and helpful in all aspects of our stay. Check-in went very smoothly and it was as if they were expecting us and called us by name. The concierge offered us their signature Rum Punch while we were checking in and the drinks were ready for us the second we were done getting our room keys. The concierge helped us with our baggage and brought everything to the room for us while giving us a brief history of the resort during our short walk to our building. Once inside the room, everything was spotlessly clean, but the A/C was off so it was a little warm until we figured out how to turn the A/C on. The A/C is not very strong anyway but it cooled off the rooms enough along with the ceiling fans. My wife kept saying it was still a little too warm for her but I was pretty comfortable most of the time. The Caribbean style windows and doors opened up for a nice steady breeze but there are no screens or anything on them so mosquitos did get into our room. We did not keep any of the doors or windows open during our stay after that. We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchen and a rooftop deck with a swimming pool. The swimming pool and deck upstairs were the highlight of our accomodations. A romantic place to be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or champagne and star gazing were all enjoyed on the rooftop deck.
The grounds of the resort are in very great shape and beautiful. You can definitely tell landscapers work very hard and take pride in their work. The Crane Village has everything you would need so it is not necessary to leave the resort unless you want to go on island tours/adventures. There is a small grocery store with plenty of snacks, drinks and other food items that you would need for a vacation stay. There are four restaurants and one bar in the Village. There is Italian, American, Caribbean, and Japanese/Thai restaurants. Most are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but The Carriage House was only open for lunch I believe. Each restaurant had something on the menu for all people. My wife is a picky eater and she was able to find things on the menu that she would eat and she really enjoyed the food. i enjoyed the food as well and our favorite restaurant was the Italian place. We ate dinner there at least 3 times and loved it each time. The service is also great at the restaurants. There was also a pastry/ice cream shop as well. The cakes and ice cream were delicious and the pastries looked great as well. Need souvenirs to take home? They have a souvenir shop as well!
The views from some of the restaurants and the grounds themselves were very beautiful. The pools were surrounded by tropical vegetation including numerous palm trees and the poolside furniture and loungers looked very comfortable. My wife and I used our private rooftop pool so we did not swim in any of the public pools. All in all, it was a very great trip at a fantastic resort and we will definitely be vacationing there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish