“Paradise On Earth With A Breeze” 5 of 5 stars

The Crane Residential Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Crane Beach | Bridgetown, BB18079, Barbados   |
Hotel deals
Hicksville New York
“Paradise On Earth With A Breeze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I spent 10 days @ The Crane to celebrate both our 25th wedding anniversary and my birthday. It was during the Hurricane Sandy black out and the timing was perfect. Our trip was from November 3rd, 2012 to the 12th. The photos
seemed a little ritzy for working class people but in the end, we made the perfect choice. Every person we met was really nice. Better than what you hear. In fact all the people in Barbados are true Angels. I'll never figure out how this is possible. The Angel leadership of this Island, seems to be employed at The Crane Resort. We want to adopt many, and the rest we'll call cousins. Genuinely eager to serve, lovable, and really down to earth. Our driver is named Ricardo. Humble, knowledge and a real safe driver. Not one cranky person on the island and the staff at The Crane sets the example!

We had a romantic, secluded garden suite in building 37 in the back. Full pool and hot tub. The only possible con, though not meaningful enough for us to list as a con, was the jets don't work and none of the hot tubs on the property have heated water. We had free wi/fi in room so I avoided text message charges and used Facebook instead. The romantic, isolated garden suite was nicer than in the photos. My wife was astonished that there were no bugs. Finch and Humming Birds fed on the flowers. I was able to skinny dip at night which I like. The back yard area was entirely secluded. My wife loved the idea of packing less because there's a washer/dryer in the room. I did all the laundry. The kitchen was very useful and so was the living room. We determined from now on we will try to stay at a hotel suite rather than a hotel room. We went to a local supermarket called Emerald City... nice... good prices and bought some things for the Fridge. Drinks, bread, eggs ... tuna etc. We were set if we needed a quick snack though they have 24/7 room service. Crane Beach, listed in the top ten beaches in the world met expectations. The beach was perfect... don't jump off the cliff unless ur an excellent swimmer, strong...and long winded. Smokers... its not worth drowning to find out. Trust me on this one. Whew!!! Almost didn't make it to shore. The pools were nicer than the photos show. You can swim at night in warm water with no time restrictions. Outstanding!

We ate dinner twice at D'Onofrio's On Site Restaurant and the food was outstanding, as was the service. We had a pricey but excellent buffet breakfast at Zen's and it was great. Wide selection, great food and fruit... good coffee too! I'm happy to state that we entirely avoided LAsure's due to the reviews I had read. During our trip we traveled the island and visited 4 or 5 other possible places including The Hilton. After visiting the other hotels, we became most certain that The Crane was the best possible hotel for our romantic needs. No question. Use Caution when you get to the desk. The complimentary Rum Punch does not taste potent, but it packs a knock out blow. The next day she was feeling much better... lol I spent many hours of research during the prior two months to pick just the right spot. We chose The Crane Resort and I'm so very glad we did. I can assure you, so will you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Residential Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear TheRealBigPaul,

Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary! We are delighted you chose to spend this momentous occasion with us here at The Crane. Thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review – you haven’t left much for me to add! However, I must state that I was especially thrilled by your rave review of our staff. They really are angels in the way they go above and beyond to ensure that each of our guests enjoy their Crane stays.

We do apologise for the disappointment you felt at your Garden Jacuzzi. We are working to rectify the problem. None of the pools or outdoor Jacuzzis at The Crane are heated as we have found over the years that our guests like to dip into cool water during the typically hot days.

Again, we thank you for posting this great review. Don’t become strangers – many more rum punches await!

1,499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We spent a week at the Crane and over all we had a great time. The location is superb exactly what you expect from the Caribbean - picture postcard you might say.
The staff are among some of the most friendly I have come across and always have a smile and a good morning/evening or alright for you.
The food in the resort is also very good especially the Thai and again the service excellent.
So you might ask what stops it being world class, well it is really the maintenance. Again it is really clean and they are always working on the gardens and the grounds but there were issues for other guests with not having hot water or air conditioning which is not funny when it is 30 degrees. For us it was the fact we had an adjoining room and the sound proofing was very poor and our neighbours were very noisy, luckily they were only there for 2 nights and then we had peace. We also had air conditioning issues on our last day but again not much of an issue as we were checking out at mid day.
I suppose the question is would I go back and the short answer is Yes.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not have an adjoining door as the sound proofing is not good
Dear humphtj5,

We are pleased that you had an overall great time with us at The Crane. The Resort certainly does enjoy a breathtaking cliff top location overlooking Crane Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. These stupendous views when combined with our attentive and friendly service create fantastic vacation experiences for our guests.

During your stay, our construction team was in the process of connecting one of our buildings to our new chilling system. As a result, the hot water and AC of this building were affected and we addressed the impact on these guests directly. Also, the doors between our adjoining suites feature a small rubber gasket for sound proofing purposes. It appears as though that gasket was missing during your stay. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

However, we are thrilled that you have not allowed these unfortunate occurrences to deter you from returning to The Crane. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy a disturbance free holiday!

Warm regards,
Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We are currently in our second day in the fantastic Crane in block 5. It is our second visit to the resort and our tenth wedding anniversary. So here are the good point's;-
1) The Staff are really friendly
2) The food in Zen last night was excellent
3) The resort as before is beautiful and well maintained.

The bad point, which unfortunatly spoil's the above:-
1) Before coming to the resort we emailed customer services to request a room with the air-con working, as we had a few problem's on the previuos visit. However, we arrived last night and our room in Block 5 has a very poor performing air-con system. We have been down to reception four times, but each time we have been fobbed off and we are stuck in a room which is extremely hot and uncomfortable to sleep in.

We love aspects of the Crane, however, the poor perfroming air-conditioning, will unfortunatly make this our last visit. For any future customer's, please consider this before booking, as this can spoil an otherwise amazine experience at the crane.

Room Tip: Ensure you have an apartment with the new and upgraded aircon
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Residential Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear marc d,

I was extremely upset to learn of your unfortunate experience with us and on behalf of my entire team I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. I have checked into your situation and it appears that Mr. James Best, one of our Guest Relations Managers was proactive in resolving your situation by facilitating a room upgrade for you.

We do hope that this action salvaged your vacation and that you will continue to make The Crane your Barbados resort of choice!

Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Crane for 7 nights last week. We were lucky enough to have our own private garden complete with its own swimming and jacuzzi (which unfortunately did not work, but we were told it worked at certain times between certain months, which odviously did not incude the time we were there!). I must admit I spent most of my time in the garden, it was so peaceful. The clifftop setting and Crane Beach were beautiful - and the the sea breeze very welcome. The rooms were well laid, spacious and tastefully decorated with a fully equiped kitchen including ice maker and dishwasher. The staff were polite and friendly and the restaurants were good. There is no night life as such - so if you want this the Crane is not the place to go.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear 26Andrea,

We are delighted you enjoyed your time here with us at The Crane. Your choice of suite category – One Bedroom Standard Suite with Garden Pool – is among our newer range of accommodation. These boast the same elegant yet understated décor and modern amenities found in our ocean view suites but with the added feature of lush private gardens.

We do apologise for the disappointment you experienced with your Garden Jacuzzi, but we are pleased that you enjoyed your private garden and pool.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to welcoming you again.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I just got back from a 5 night package at the Crane that we bought on Luxury Link. We had a great time.
- The beach is beautiful and they have the umbrellas up and ready to go when you arrive.
- There is a general store on the property with reasonably priced items which was great.
- We stayed in a great 1BR suite with private plunge pool overlooking the ocean. It was very romantic - a great way to spend time during the day.
- The only downside is the Spa is currently being renovated so if you want a spa trip, please be aware the spa is currently operating in temporary quarters.
- Hotel was nice and quiet. Mostly families and couples enjoying a relaxing time.

Room Tip: Trip Advisor said there was construction so I asked to be moved away from the construction. Some roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Residential Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Balazy,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review about The Crane. We are thrilled that you had a great time with us, enjoying your One Bedroom Ocean View Suite with Plunge Pool in particular.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the temporary relocation of Serenity Spa as we complete the scheduled renovations on the Historic Hotel. We look forward to its reopening in its original space in the winter.

We look forward to welcoming you back – next time, for a longer stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Just left today and am writing review from the airport. What a beautiful resort! My husband and I had just completed a 7 day cruise on a 50ft sailing vessel, which we absolutely loved...but coming here was quite a change. Huge rooms, jacuzzi tub, kitchen! I couldn't believe it. We used our points for our stay and I'm used to sometimes getting a little shafted due to that...not the case at all. Beautiful pools and property. Wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear tropicalparadise1106,

Thank you for taking the time to review your “absolutely fab” Crane experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed the final stop on your vacation with us at The Crane. We were especially thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations with our spacious and well appointed accommodations, world-class amenities and facilities as well as our friendly staff.

It was our pleasure to welcome you too and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked and paid or a 10 day break. The TA reviews all read well. The property is well marketed via all the possible websites you could imagine. The staff, Beatrice, Raven, Steve and the other wonderful girl in the red dress are all magic. Keen, helpful, supportive and working hard to add value for their customers. Absolutely no issues there at all.
We booked and paid for an ocean view room/suite, we were excited about the facility which is offering some really great plus points. In turn we do not normally, due to the ocean conditions visit the east of the island of Barbados. Lured by the blurb we thoght let's have a go! We are writing to you from another hotel in Barbados because we have checked out the The Grane.
Ocean view, aghhh not there cannot see the sea at all. Zero, none, not there, absent, not part of the vista, AWOL!
Looked over by a compound of flats seen only in deprived areas of major cities. Sit coms are made of places like this.
Moreover the industrial vehicle parked in front of our "ocean view" was an added cheap line for the sit com writer. It is big, blue and no-one on sight knows why it is there. All agree it should not be there but cannot decide why it just appears to have been parked directly in line with the view from our patio. The patio does not get any sun after around 10 a.m. local time.
We now have issues I want out and the lovely staff tried to find us alternative rooms. Problem, we had booked the best rooms in the house. We were taken to see alternatives but they did not meet what we had booked or in any way meet our requirements.
Yes we got our money back only due to the effective persuasion plied by Beatrice.She made her reservations agents/people understand the enormity of the situation!. She knew the rules and performed admirably. Ergo where to next well I am deeply sorry because the people working there are not supported and in time it will fall apart around them. That makes me very sad. The Canadian owners need to get the brand sorted soonest or it will be over before they can see it coming

Room Tip: Just make sure you are getting value for money. The facility has all the ingredients it just cannot...
Dear simondunn,

We do apologise for the inconvenience you experienced by the presence of the genie lift in front of your suite during your stay. The windows of the building in which you were staying were recently replaced and the genie lift was still there pending relocation to the next building in the scheduled rotation.

Unfortunately at the time of your visit, your category of choice – One Bedroom Ocean View with 28ft Pool – was practically fully booked, and since you did not wish to move to the only one available, we were therefore unable to facilitate a room move.

Although The Crane did not meet your expectations during this trip, we do hope you allow us another opportunity to create the true Crane Experience for you.

Michael Phillips

Been to The Crane Residential Resort? Share your experiences!