We spent a week at the Crane and over all we had a great time. The location is superb exactly what you expect from the Caribbean - picture postcard you might say.
The staff are among some of the most friendly I have come across and always have a smile and a good morning/evening or alright for you.
The food in the resort is also very good especially the Thai and again the service excellent.
So you might ask what stops it being world class, well it is really the maintenance. Again it is really clean and they are always working on the gardens and the grounds but there were issues for other guests with not having hot water or air conditioning which is not funny when it is 30 degrees. For us it was the fact we had an adjoining room and the sound proofing was very poor and our neighbours were very noisy, luckily they were only there for 2 nights and then we had peace. We also had air conditioning issues on our last day but again not much of an issue as we were checking out at mid day.
I suppose the question is would I go back and the short answer is Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish