We have just returned from the Crane in building 5 in a one bedroom ocean view suite. The view was incredible. We enjoyed sleeping to the sound of the ocean and windows open every night. There is no need to have the air conditioning on because of the constant breeze. Our room was very nice. The staff at the Crane is awesome! The Carraige House was our favorite restaurant. We also ate at all the other on-site restaurants and as others have written they are just OK. We went off site to the Gap area and enjoyed dinner there. Management needs to work on the restaurants on-site. They were always out of everything and the wine list was needs some work for sure. If they get that straightened out people will stay on the resort and it will bring people in.
The beach was incredible. A little rough but the water is clear and the sand is soft and clean. The beach is not for small children but the pool area is great for kids. We toured the island and the Cranes beach is by far the best. All in all we would go back again. We enjoyed the location even though it is away from everything. The staff made our vacation and we are looking forward to seeing them all again someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish