I live in Barbados and each year I try to take advantage of this beautiful island and stay at a different hotel each year. This year I decided to spend a weekend at the beautiful Crane Resort to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday. ( we checked in on 28th April 2012)
Boy were we blown away...we checked in around noon to take advantage of the pools (which were not crowed) after that we had lunch at the Carriage House where we were seated poolside and ate in our swim attire, the backdrop of the property was stunning, the food was simply delicious and the staff were extremely friendly.
After lunch we headed on over to our room where we encountered a few problems, the first one was that our luggage had not been delivered to our room as yet, which was a little bothersome due to the fact that we were still in damp clothing and wanted to change. After calling frontdesk it was later brought to our room, we then realized they placed someone else info and room number on our luggage tags . But the beauty of our room took our minds off the little mix up.
As I read in other reviews, the water in the bathroom does not get hot, at all, I don't know if that was as a result of the floor we were staying on (Junior Garden View Suite on the 3rd floor)
We also spent some time in the Village, did a little shopping there and also paid a visit to the Crane beach via the glass elevator. I totally forgot I was in my home land, the Crane has so much to do and see, it was absolutely breathtaking.
Unfortunately upon returning to our room we realized our door was open, we knew that we had closed and locked it but after further investigation we realized our door could not be locked unless we used the inside latch to lock it.
We were a little unsettled by this but nothing was missing and all was in its place, when I called front desk the phone went unanswered. So we just got dress & made our way to dinner because we were running late and did not want to lose our reservation.
Dinner was incredibly delicious, we dinned at D’Onofrio which offers the best Italian pasta ever and the wine was excellent. The setting reminded me of an old romance movie.. my boyfriend said it was "perfect". The staff sang happy birthday to him and treated him to dessert. They truly went above and beyond.
The minor issues we had did not in anyway dampened our paradise experience.
The Crane will now be a yearly tradition for our :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish