This was our ninth visit to The Crane. I was there for three weeks and was excited to see what changes had taken place since our last stay. The ice cream & pastry shop and the beach grill are both great additions and are very reasonably priced. It was nice to be able to have lunch right on the beach without having to go back up to one of the restaurants or to our unit. While service at the beach grill was slow, it had just opened that week and, I expect, will improve.
Upon entering our unit (we have been owners since 2008) I was pleased to see the improvements to the unit and the apparent success of The Crane's new program for maintaining the units. Each building now has a Residence Manager. Everything looked great and functioned properly.
The property looked beautiful. The grounds are very well maintained, as are the pools. Each morning I watched the pool guys cleaning the pools and once a week, one of them came to clean our plunge pool. In the past, there were times when they ran out of beach towels. That did not happen even once on this trip. Small detail, but I always found the mattresses very hard (I know some people like that). There were new thick mattress pads that made sleeping to the sound of the ocean even better than before.
While the employees at The Crane are very friendly and helpful, there are always several who make our stay special. Sabrina, our housekeeper, is absolutely the best! Our unit was immaculate. I was very impressed that she must have remembered our name and remembered that I always like to have two extra bath towels. They were in our bathroom when we arrived. It's hard to explain how something so simple can make your vacation that much better, but it did. Anything and everything we asked her for was provided. Everyone should be lucky enough to have Sabrina care for their unit. I also want to thank Francia, our Residence Manager, for her help with anything special we needed in our unit.
Kerrie in Guest Services really went above and beyond. I asked her to make us a dinner reservation at a very popular restaurant and was afraid we might not get in because it was rather short notice. I asked her to mention to them that it was our anniversary. On our anniversary, there was a knock on our door and we received a bottle of wine and a plate with a piece of cake and the words "Happy Anniversary" spelled out in icing on the plate, compliments of The Crane. All we could say was "wow". That kind of attention makes you feel really special.
We ate in several of the restaurants at The Crane. Erroll and Susan at the Carriage House are always great and make us feel welcomed back each visit. This time, at D'Onofrio's, Cloethe was a star. She went out of her way and offered to ask the chef to make us a dish that used to be on the menu and isn't now. Each time we ate there she greeted us like old friends.
While we were at The Crane, D'Onofrio's was completely revamped. The new menu and food were a significant improvement. The salad with goat cheese is a must! Unfortunately, we left before all the changes planned for the decor and ambiance took place.
Another wonderful stay at The Crane.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish