“The worst service I have ever seen, anywhere.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Casa Grande Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Grande Airport Hotel
Oldbury, Barbados   |
Toronto, Canada
“The worst service I have ever seen, anywhere.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went to Casa Grande for a relaxed but entertaining night of bowling and bumper cars. Instead I was frustrated and to be honest a bit disgusted. This places reeks of desperation. The place are dirty, the staff are disgruntled and having met the management while waiting for the mostly defunct and overpriced bumper cars am not at all impressed with them either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Well, I should have done a *little* more research on this place before I booked it. FORTUNATELY, I only paid $114.00 us because I booked on Expedia three months prior. I concur with all of the negative comments/reviews. There were four of us staying in TWO rooms and we called for a ride from the airport. The hotel sent a junky car, something like a dodge neon, with a TIRE in the trunk. We were adamant that another vehicle be sent. So, then this nice big bus came to pick us up. Again, the driver was also the porter and who knows what else.
There were a total of FOUR occupied rooms the Saturday night that we were there. When you ask the staff a question, they all just look at each other. The problem is they are all afraid of being fired, which is really a joke considering the small wages that they are paid!!!
When we inquired at 3:00 in the afternoon about using the gym, we found out that it was locked and that the owner would not come in until 6:00 with the key. (they called the owner to ask). We did not even TRY to eat there. The room was fairly clean...would not attempt to go in the pool. I REALLY considered calling a cab and going anywhere else.
We booked the room because it was closest to the airport and we had an early morning flight. We asked if the hotel shuttle would take us in the morning and they promised that it would. We confirmed three times that the hotel shuttle would take us. When we arrived at the front desk at 5:30 am, we were greeted by a taxi driver. We refused to pay for the taxi, stating that it is the hotel's responsibility to pay for it since they changed their mind or whatever about providing us with a ride via the hotel shuttle.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
west midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were 2 of the 8 guests that were staying in this 'hotel' , we had not previously met however, it did turn out to be a bonding experience.
It was like a sitcom; British Airways gave us the number, thank you. We arrived and checked in without too much of a problem ( do ask to see what rate they are writing down after you have registered; we were quoted $99 on the phone but when we came to check out it had lept to $130 )
The rooms did appear clean, the bathroom; mmmm no hot water, shower promised so much and delivered so little - overhead shower (cold water trickle only), side jets (no chance), a 2nd shower attachment ((fitting broken) radio (seriously, would you?).
No outside line in the room but the staff did try to connect me (unsucessfully).
The bar episode was hilarious: the bar closed at 11pm we were told so as time was marching on my husband & I ordered 2 beers each - (they only had 3 local so we had them) they did have a well known non local beer though which some other guests ordered but only the 3.... This must have taken 30mins to aquire these drinks.
We thought it was quiet but didn't realise until the next morning just how quiet; we were the only guests in the 100 rooms (had to check the number on their website).
Breakfast was poor to be generous but by this stage we just wanted to get out of the place so didn't want to waste any more time than need be. However, more was in store - see beginning of this review. The room rate was wrong, when this was mentioned the receptionist almost cried saying she couldn't change it as the lady owner would take it out of her wages. We insisted that it be recitfied, which it was after 40mins. I hope that she has since found her senses and left.
Why do airlines use them?
ABSOLUTLY DREADFUL.

Room Tip: There will be plenty of room choice - nobody stays there - there are no good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were on standby flights back to the UK and we had to find some cheap accomodation for to nights for my self, my sister and my two grown up nephews...we needed somewhere cheap and near to the airport and somehow we fell upon Casa Grande....we were 4 of only 8 guests staying in this huge hotel... the others were in the same situation as us.
Whilst the rooms were very dated (1980s) and worn they were clean. We thought that the hotel had been built in the 1980s but found out from some locals who live nearby that it was built for the cricket world cup about 4 years ago but wasn't finished in time.
All bars were closed and when we asked for a drink they didn't have any rum punch (everyone in barbados does rum punch) nor beers so we ended up with gin and tonic...took 15 minutes for bar man (who is also the porter, chef and shuttle bus driver to pour us a drink but then the tonic was flat...tried to tell the bar man but his english was not good and he simply get saying you want 'sprite?' and didn't see a problem with flat tonic!
No food on offer and not on bus route or taxis nearby. the other reviews (negative) are spot on!
However, room was quite cheap 175 us dollars per night for 4 people (two double beds in the room) and free shuttle bus (actually it was a banger of a car!) to the airport.
If you expect nothing you will be happy but a really depressing end to our fabulous holiday in Barbados.....

Room Tip: as the hotel is virtually empty there is loads of choice of rooms....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Usedom Island, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

By far the worst hotel ever if you can call it that. The rooms are mouldy, the tiles are cheap,
radio in the shower? what are these people trying to do electrocute me? as for the pool it is dirty and has mould. don't get me started on the "pets" the biggest rats I have ever seen (been there for a wedding). the food is the absolute worst.
the best thing about that hotel is the staff the 4 of them work very hard for very minimum wages.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was spending overnight in Barbados. I usually stay at another residence near the airport but my hosts were overseas. So i said i would give this hotel a try. When i got at the airport arrivals I told a cab driver I was going to Casa Grande. He laughed so hard and asked me if i was serious. I told him yes. Never did i know what he was laughing at me for until I experienced this place for myself. Firstly, it is more in the country near a farm and houses. Secondly, there is no form of entertainment life near or around it. The only so called entertainment is the hotels bowling alley, slot machines and bumper carts. Thirdly, there is no bus top near this hotel. If you wish to venture out, you have to walk very far on a main road until you get to the bus stop.

So when I got to this hotel, I was greeted with unenthusiastic front desk workers. What struck me was that the hotel was quiet and I saw no other visitors. When i walked the corridors to my room the sight of the surroundings told me that this hotel is a sham. The walls are in need of repairs and the atmosphere spoke of how awful a move I made. The room is minimal as in like a makeshift college dorm. Total inspection made me think that maid service was not the norm. I give credit to the bath but it fails as of now due to no maintenance. Frustrated I laid out sheets that i had stuffed wrapped in and slept on my own sheets rather than the hotel sheets as theirs was not welcoming. When I got up to have breakfast nothing of the sort like water or coffee were there that i could use. I went downstairs and to my shock i realised that i was the only person staying at the hotel. No joke. I inquired about breakfast and was met with a hold on attitude and then the lady told me that i would have to pay extra for breakfast.

Seeing that i had to get to the airport i decided to leave early. I knew that they don't have an airport shuttle so had to call a cab. When the cab came i told the driver my experience and he give me the real deal on this hotel. The lady who runs it is all about money. That is true because I had issue with staff about my bill. He said that he is accustomed to collecting people from there who wish to go to another hotel. All this answered my instinct feelings about the hotel. I would not recommend this place to anyone at all. Sure it is near the airport, but it is not worth going too. Anyone writing good reviews for them has to be working for the owner. Do not believe the good reviews.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

The owners of this establishment are not business professionals at all. They goal is their money and provide cheap service. When there is an error at any business, normally management would do all they can to correct the problem and make their guest as comfortable as possible. It did not happen for my experience there in August 2011. The owner was more concern about $99.00 for a night stay than ensuring the room key card worked. The toilets were horrible and did not flush completely. What makes this place the worse place to stay is the lack of hospitality of the owner. Money money money is all they think of and not the safety and comfort of their guest.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. TV is old and their are no suites as it had been told to me.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Grande Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!