“Don't go breakfast” 1 of 5 stars

The Crane, Barbados
246-423-6220
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Don't go breakfast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Azure restaurant for New Year's breakfast. The service did not exist. The buffet was sad. The line for omlettes was 30 minutes. We had to get our own salt and sugar from other tables in the restaurant. We waited to get coffee and tea for 40 minutes. We never got any napkins. Most of the times no servers were present. Avoid going there! Seems they are all hung over from the night before.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Huntington, New York
“Incredible view, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

went to Xmas day brunch- food was excellent and plentiful, but it was pricey.....restaurant sits on top of hill looking down on beautiful Crane Beach- spectacular views and a nice breeze...service was top notch, very helpful although it was a buffet....the Crane resort itself is beautiful and all the people working there were overly nice...buffet had a great variety, salads, entrees and desserts...all were very tasty, particularly their fish dishes....would definitely return for dinner next time...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Bait & Switch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I should have known better when there were no posted rates for buffet. I was told there was no indoor seating, besides the buffet room. I was about to leave, and they said they had a table for me. I made a reservation, and when I returned, they seated me outside on a very windy deck where it was impossible to eat my meal. They could have seated me where there was a wind break.

Then, the hostess asked me why I was alone and made it seem like it was sad that I was there by myself. No, thanks, I don't come from the school of "it's sad that you're a woman alone here." I've got a boyfriend, thanks, but I don't need to be hanging on him to prove I have a life, and where is my menu?

I switched inside when I couldn't eat without being blown away. Table was rocking back and forth, my chair was broken. I couldn't find much on the buffet that was vegetarian, couldn't get a drink list, and finally, just asked for the check. My waitress took pitty on me and let me just pay for the bowl of soup I had (which was good...just not $20 BDS good).

The view is nice here, but, the view is nice pretty much anywhere in Barbados, so why put up with this kind of restaurant?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Barbados
“Never mind the food,the view alone is worth the journey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

L'Azure sits on a cliff looking east over one of the greatest beaches in the world.There are very few restaurants that can compare for the drama and beauty of the location.
The trade winds blow constantly.
The service was friendly and welcoming.Smiles and close attention to our needs.The food was very good-from Bajan Fish cakes to Tuna Nicoise to Cheeseburgers to grilled mahi mahi. A nice menu that will meet most needs.Good selection of wines and a potent rum punch.
The restaurant is one of several restaurants at the Crane Resort which is an outstanding complex of quality accommodation and amenities.This is hospitality at its finest.
Make it a priority for your visit to Barbados.Its as good as it gets.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, Spain
“What a pity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited the Azure at the Crane resort in Barbados in November 2012. A general impression is that this restaurant is very badly managed. It occupies a wonderful location and the food is very good but the service is unacceptable especially with the prices they charge.
Although we had a reservation we were made to change to to a different table after we were sat initially. No explanation was given to us.
We were made to wait an extremely long time for the first and second course, they had run out of wine choices and clearly they did not seem to enjoy their job. And this was happening not only to our table but all the guests had to wait for a long time. Some of them I think they left before they had finished their dinner.
It is a pity because this restaurant has the potential to offer a great dinning experience if only somebody could manage it better.

• Visited November 2012