“Clean, comfortable, characterful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yesterdays Licenced Guesthouse

Yesterdays Licenced Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newtown
Yesterdays Licenced Guesthouse
You added Yesterdays Licenced Guesthouse to your Saves list
Severn Square, Newtown SY16 2AG , Wales   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Newtown B&B and Inns
australians in europe
“Clean, comfortable, characterful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Newtown has a compact centre, and you feel in the middle of everything here. I enjoyed watching people walking to work as we enjoyed a good cooked breakfast on a leisurely Monday morning! Advice on eating and drinking freely given - there are at least 3 good pubs in a 7-8 minute walk - and yes, the price of this centrality and convenience is that you can hear the town clock very clearly indeed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just had a 3 night stay at yesterdays and it is a very good place to stay. The room was spaceous,clean and warm. There were many extra touches and great to have a fridge in the room. Generous and well presented breakfasts.
I loved the beams and the creaky floors and the town clock is not a problem. I would happily recommend Yesterdays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visit my bf's family and friends here, my bf has looked around and see this guesthouse has the highest ratings in terms of the cleanliness.

The house is quite old, hundreds years old and was recently renovated, in a few years maybe? Funny that sometimes when you step on some area on the floor, will have a bit squeaky sound of the wood. Moyra was so helpful and friendly. Her husband is a very nice cook and funny. Breakfast with a choice of different cooking method of eggs, sausages, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, bacon (good quality), toast and some juice, cereal and yogurt in the pantry for selection. We told Moyra the first day of our stay for our breakie preference, the breakie definitely gave me a good start every day during my stay.

Yesterdays is quite well located, it is close to the Newtown rail station, which I travelled all the way from Euston station to here. (Please remember to buy rail ticket online, that way is cheaper).

We got the penthouse ensuite, 1 double bed and 1 single bed, probably also suitable for family. We just used the bed to place our stuff lol Nice LCD TV, I originally thought there would have no hairdryer but they do have, although I used my own. Got 3M earplugs provided, thoughtful! Got shower room and bathtub, only down side is no shower gel provided, the one left in the shower room was only like 5ml left. Well we have bought ours, so no worries. Comfy king sized bed, with heating in the room, nice as it was snowing during my stay....chilly!

Room Tip: If you don't mind carrying your luggage up the steep stairs, you can choose the penthouse ensuit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brecon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Like MissK83 I too stayed at Yesterdays on business, and it was perfectly fine. I really only met Moyra who was very pleasant and helpful, suggesting where I might go for an evening meal (see separate entry under Mirren's). As I was leaving very early the next morning (before 6:30am) she made sure I was able to have breakfast. I was offered the option to have a breakfast packed 'to go'. I chose to have breakfast before I left; containers of cereals were left out and I was shown where I could make tea/coffee also the fridge where yogurt, milk, juice and fresh fruit were available. I would not only stay there again but recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at Yesterdays on business, and it was perfectly adequate, but could probably do with a bit of updating. The couple who run it are very pleasant and helpful, but the soundproofing isn't great. You can hear pretty much everything from neighbouring rooms and there is a clock that chimes every 15 minutes outside which - if you're a light sleeper like me - isn't the best! The small touches like complimentary toiletries and advice on where to go in the area is very nice though. It was fine for my purposes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
March
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited Newtown for a two day stay to see family and celebrate with a belated birthday meal. Having stayed at yesterdays on a previously occasion I rang to make the booking at rather short notice. The owners said that they were going to be away, but as we had stayed previously, if we wished to stay there would be a skeleton staff presence and as they couldn't do a cooked breakfast (only continental style would be available) they would reduce the daily rate to compensate.
The key pickup went without a hitch. The room was serviced as normal and payment arrangement made easy.
Having stayed there previously I can say that the cooked breakfast is the best you will find in the area, and the helpfulness of Moyra and her Husband are without fault.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
west mids,U.K.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Me and my family stayed here in August,as my niece was getting married just down the road from this guest house.
The welcome was very warm,and the rooms were large,and spottlesly clean.The rooms were cleaned daily.
No faults with breakfast either.It was of a high standard,and we were regulary asked if we wanted extra toast or drinks.Breakfast was served in the hotel lobby,which we thought strange,but this was not a problem.
The hotel is just off of the main street.The town is very quiet in the day,but lively at weekend evenings.Children are welcome in pubs up to nine at night on weekends.
Overall we enjoyed our stay,and thank Moyra and Jim for making us welcome

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Yesterdays Licenced Guesthouse? Share your experiences!