“Great location and character” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yr Hen Fecws

Yr Hen Fecws
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthmadog
Yr Hen Fecws
16 Lombard Street, Porthmadog LL49 9AP, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Porthmadog B&B and Inns
Falmouth
“Great location and character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I both enjoyed our stay and felt welcome. Room was a little small, but pleasant, and we really enjoyed the location by the harbour. Good parking facilities. A pity that the restaurant wasn't doing evening meals any more, as I remember a previous stay some years ago when we had a really great meal. Porthmadog is a little short of nice places to eat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
worcestershire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have never paid this much for a B&B and got NO toiletries apart from handwash. No shampoo, shower gel, soap, tissues, no hairdryer, People were coming to breakfast with wet hair!
Room was clean and tea and coffee were provided but no nibbles (they do run a cafe). Breakfast was fine but not much choice compared to the other places we stayed in. Had to ask if you wanted more coffee etc.
Not good value for money

Room Tip: The only thing I can say here is it is next door to a pub I was only woken once but we did stay midw...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Just returned from a 2 night break at Hen Fecws. What can I say... welcoming friendly owners, lovely rooms, great ambience, fab breakfast and good location. Whilst rooms are small they are modern, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

There seems to be a little confusion over the room prices as the original confirmation was the price quoted on a web site. A day or so later, I got an email apologising, and asking for a slightly higher price. As it was only a few pounds more, I accepted. That was not a good first impression.
That said, everything else was excellent. Fortunately my sat nav got me to the front door. There is parking at the back and there is a back door, locked at 10.00pm - again fine.
We were asked to arrive between 5pm and 6pm - fair enough. We arrived at 5.15pm. and the owner greeted us in his restaurant and showed us to our rooms which are literally next door ( separate entrance ).
The rooms were very welcoming - nice, neutral decor and stylish. There was tea / coffee available in the rooms. Everything very clean and neat. Lovely bed with best pillows and bedlinen ( quality cotton ). Flatscreen tv on wall ( if required ). Bathroom ( shower ) all very bright, clean and modern. Plenty of good quality towels and liquid soap.
Slept very well. Breakfast was served next door in the restaurant. Met the lady of the house for the first time - friendly and welcoming. Food was excellent, and nicely presented.
What more can be said? Well done! Will stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms at back quiet, away from road
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here on an impromptu visit to North Wales and we were really impressed with every aspect of the hotel, but most importantly the restaurant. The rooms, whilst small, were impeccably clean, and the beds were really comfortable. The meal in the restaurant was the best meal that we have ever had together, and being able to stagger back to the room after three courses and a lovely bottle of red was just divine. Breakfast in the morning was lovely, if not a little small, and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Harrogate
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Having spent thirty years running two restaurants we are well aware of the vagaries of the general public and are consequently always reluctant to complain. However, our reluctance dissipated in this elegant and well presented restaurant. My duck was rather cool and grossly overcooked, much of it like black leather, and my wife's portion of sea bream was exceedingly minimalist! And all our vegetables were barely warm. I rejected the duck, and my wife ate her fish in a matter of moments. All of which was disappointing but not the 'end of the world' as things can go wrong in the best of places, even when they are as quiet as this one was. The proprietor arrived at our table to most aggressiveley cross examine us both about our dissatisfaction. Apparently it was all our fault as I didn't understand what 'crispy duck' was supposed to be and my wife didn't complain early enough about her parsimonious fish (£16.95) or cold vegetables. Eventually the owner offered to replace my duck or take it off our bill. I chose the latter and we left. It fell upon the two delightful waitresses, not the proprietor, to express their concern at our experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed last Saturday for one night and were very impressed with the cleanlinessof this accommodation. The bedding was lovely quality, pure white cotton sheets. The bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was very well presented with quality food rather than quantity. We have no complaints and would definately stay here again. I just wished we had had our main evening meal here, as we found it difficult to find somewhere nice to eat.
Many Thanks.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Yr Hen Fecws? Share your experiences!