We had not planned any hotels on our 5 days through Wales, just wandered into towns looking for interesting places. This was the best yet. We stayed over an extra day because the food was so good. Traditional Welsh, they told us, but with a "continental" twist. We just know it was too good to leave. When we had to travel on to meet family, the staff did a "mapsearch" to get us from door to door in Glascow. Can't say enough good things about the Royal Sportsman. Hope to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' family run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales