I've just spent the last week in Porthmadog to ride on the now fully opened Welsh Highland Railway.
I stayed in the Royal Sportsman Hotel for four nights on a room only basis.
I found the staff very helpful the premises was very clean and inviting and the public rooms very comfortable.
My room was very comfortable was well furnished heated and the bed was extremely comfortable, the only slight downer was the WC/shower which was a little dated but I understand from the manager that all the single rooms are having these new units installed
I'd definitely return but I would go on a tariff which includes Breakfast.
Nice to go to a characterful hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' family run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales