Overall, the hotel was adequate. The breakfast room and bar were well decorated and nice. Staff was efficient, but the owner could of been a little nicer. Room 25 has an very small bathroom. Enclosed shower with no windows 24x30 inches. Pretty small. Room 28 faces the street and was noisy most nights. Breakfasts were good and nice people working there. Guys in bar could of been a little friendlier. Seems they were more interested in taking care of the "locals" rather than the hotel guests. Owner checked us in and wasn't very happy to see us (his paying customers). The other front desk staff was pleasant. The hotel was VERY CLEAN! Staff cleaning every morning and doing a very good job. Bottom line: Nice facility and clean. Good breakfast, but some rooms are small. Those facing the street can be noisy. Owner could of been a little kinder.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' family run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.