“Lovely coffee and cake” 5 of 5 stars

Birmingham, United Kingdom
99 attraction reviews
“Lovely coffee and cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I came across Pethau Melys by accident whilst having a look a round the harbour. The coffee shop looked inviting so I decided to have a coffee and and a piece of cake. All I can say was that the coffee was lovely and cake was delicious so much so I came back again. Good value for money. The gentleman behind the counter seemed very welcoming and friendly.

Visited September 2012

Mold, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Number One place to visit in Porthmadog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Discovered Pethau Melys a few months ago and have visited twice. A homely, welcoming experience with the best espresso and cakes available. Love the décor and the crafts on display. I run a B&B near Mold and have been pleased to recommend Pethau Melys to our guests when they are visiting the Ffestiniog Railway. I look forward to my next visit.

Visited May 2012
“Breath of fresh air...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Lovely place to visit when back home for a few days... Always a warm welcome and lovely coffee! Nice to see folk doing something that the people of Porthmadog can be proud of. Would recommend to anyone who has a taste for good coffee and gifts. Beats some of the more 'mainstream' places on the high street.

Leicester, UK
“Warm welcome and fantastic refreshments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We visited in the summer of 2011 and were delighted to finally find a lovely coffee shop in North Wales. The crafts on sale were an added bonus (bought a fab jug). We had 2 messy toddlers in tow, and yet we were made to feel extremely welcome. We shared a platter of bread, chorizo and sundried tomatoes, which was delicious and extremely reasonable. Overall, very sorry that we don't live much closer. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited September 2011
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This delightful little cafe is one of the gems in Porthmadog. Tom and Myfanwy are extremely helpful. I tried their Homity Pie for lunch. Needless to say, I'll be back. It was amazingly good and simply presented with a side salad. They also serve the best coffee for miles and their cakes are to die for. Sit inside or out and enjoy the harbour ambience. The name Pethau Melys translates to mean sweet things. It's the only name you could possibly give this beautiful little shop. I love it.

Visited August 2012