“A Must Stay B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cuillins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarbert
The Cuillins
You added The Cuillins to your Saves list
Loch Fyne, Tarbert PA29 6TX, Scotland   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Tarbert B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A Must Stay B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

What can I say about this B&B other than first class. We have been staying here every summer for 7 years now and would recommend this house to everyone. You won't be dissappointed. If you're hungry in the morning you won't be after one of Isabelle's cooked breakfasts. Take your camera in because nobody will believe you when you leave. Your host Isabelle, is the perfect host and couldn't do enough for you. She is the best landlady I've ever come across and all my family love her to bits. Excellent value for money and highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms, all en suite and all are very good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Well furnished room with huge bathroom. Very comfortable guest lounge
Delicious breakfast with added extras. Excellent host..
Wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while working in the area. We arrived late and hungry and were greeted by possibly the nicest lady in the world who very kindly gave us some food and let us eat in the dining room. We were leaving early and were offered breakfast whenever we wanted it. Nothing was too early or too much trouble. We chose to skip breakfast anyway because I'd rather have the extra minutes in bed and we were given a lovely bag of tablet to eat on the ferry the next day.

The rooms were decorated beautifully and were immaculately clean.

We were even allowed into the private garden area to play with the two lovely dogs.

I don't normally write reviews of places we stay for work but I felt that The Cuillins was such a wonderful place I had to give it credit.

I have never felt more at home in a Guest House and have never met such a kind and helpful owner.

Will definitely by back

• Stayed May 2012
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Spotlessly clean, very nice room and the biggest cooked breakfast I've ever had in a B&B ! Isobel very welcoming and helpful in recommending and booking a local restaurant for the evening. Would recommend this to anyone wanting a B&B in this area and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Better late than never when it comes to a review. I stayed here back at the end of October 2011. From the moment I read the reviews and contacted Isa, it was all so easy and friendly. She even phoned me a couple of times on the day to update me on her movements, so that she would be home when we arrived. She takes a real interests in her guests and really looks after them all. She nattered away to us for ages and it was like we were friends already. Turns out she used to live in a house just a few hundred yards from us in Perth. She was able to offer all sorts of advice about local eating and drinking places, and she was so welcoming and helpful whenever you needed her. The reason for the visit was to visit a local graveyard to visit the grave of an old school chum, and I asked her for directions. It turns out she knew the family and in effect knew all about the background of my visit. Isa is the sort of person who will be known to everyone in this community, but in the best possible way. The breakfasts were massive, I wish I'd known the portion size before I gleefully agreed to fruit and a cooked breakfast too. It was fun watching the dogs playing outside whilst we ate, and the other person staying when we were there was really friendly and obviously liked the hospitality too. I read her guest books and found hundreds of people saying nice things, some even regularly send Isa postcards. I hope to be passing through Tarbert in the years ahead, this was a great experience in a lovely double room with nice en-suite to boot. Thanks to Isa for being a lovely human being!

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Isobel's welcome and attention to her guests is wonderful. We had a very comfortable room and you will never leave the Cuillins hungry ! It was a great start to our walking holiday and would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here in march 2012 it was lovely the room was really comfy and clean and the breakfast was amazing. Isabel the landlady is lovely and made us feel really welcome so welcome in fact that we have booked to go back in July.

Room Tip: Wes stayed in the front double room lovely comfy bed
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cuillins? Share your experiences!