“Quick cup of tea” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Quick cup of tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The service in the Gallery cafe was superb. we only popped in for a quick cup of tea as we were going for the next ferry. The girls could not have been nicer, tea was served quickly and beautifully.A friendly atmosphere. I only wish we had had more time to browse around the cafe as the range of cookware looked amazing. Ah well, maybe next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

pyrenees orientales, france
“lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

A very nice place for a cup of tea, or a coffee but also excellent for lunch. Lunch was served quickly and tasted excellent. The cooking tools they sell too are all beautiful, but quite expensive (it's only high level stuff).
The place is also very stylish designed - a pleasure to sit in there and sip your drink.

I just must add that the staff is really perfect: I forgot my tiny handbag with everything in it (passport, drivers license, credit card, cash) and did realise it only much later already many kilometres away. Coming back 2 hours later my bag was taken in good care of the staff who guarded it behind their counter. I was very lucky that such honest people still exist! Only with difficulties I could give them a little recompense for their kindness.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“A great owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We popped down on a Sunday morning and the owner was more than willing to serve us some very nice coffee before the official opening hours. Inside the cafe the environment was designed in fantastic taste which generated a pleasant atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Cake is the answer to everything...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Cake is the answer to everything is my mantra and the chocolate and marmalade cake certainly was.

I wish we'd arrived in Tarbert a wee bit later and weren't in too much of a hurry to wait around until lunchtime but we settled for excellent coffee and outstanding cake which was to die for.

The art work for sale was an added treat - I googled when I got home and I did go to school with one of the artists! :-D

I highly recommend this wee gem of a place!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Lovely addition to Tarbert's cafe scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great coffee, soup and gluten-free millionaire shortbread and very friendly staff. Will make a point of stopping again next time we visit.

• Visited June 2014