I really didn't know what to expect when we drove down the driveway and the castle appeared - fabulous. We were given a warm welcome from reception staff and fudge the choclate labrador, we entered the castle, absolutely wonderful "something out of downtown abbey my wife said". The drawing room, library, the lounge, the olde world bedroom and the fabulous dinning room with a great view of loch fyne all wonderful. The food was great, not the fastest service but hey i wasn't in a rush and was worth waiting for. The only down side was it was for 1 night only next time i'l come for 2. five star .
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Stonefield Castle
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.