“Do NOT go here, Terrible is to good a rating for this site” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skipsea
Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Mill Lane, Skipsea YO25 8TZ, England   |
Hotel deals
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Do NOT go here, Terrible is to good a rating for this site”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went as a family during the school holidays (yes park resort school holidays), it was halloween time so the park was bound to be busy. After a long journey we decided to TRY to get something to eat, however the bar person was currently busy cleaning toilets??? When he had finished he informed us 'I hope you dont want anything to eat as we have hardly anything left' in the end after realing a few things off the menu to be told no, no, no, and then to be told we are winding down and wont be getting anything in now and I cant believe people still holiday this time of year (seriously this was our first experience of park resorts), sorry for a minute i thought it was a family park who caters for children and it was school holidays, how wrong we were. As others have said the park is a disgrace with nothing in the shop, bar (dont ask for a drink as they wont have any) we saw guests at the eveing taking in their own drinks, in the end this is what we did its easier. We also paid for passes to be told they had also run out of these and not once were we ask by security (who I may add was the life guard in the day). I have tried to complain to park resorts even if to just get back my money for the passes that were not needed, to be told by email and a letter that they have experienced a busy summer (which was some 3 months ago) and appologise for the low stock. Dont try to complain to park resorts they ignore any emails. DO NOT HOLIDAY with this [-] company, they have no interest in the customers/children and as others have said the park is well past its sell by date, its time it collapsed in the sea like the coast around that area. I have holidayed with Haven before and will go back to them in future, and will never holiday with this company again they are a waste of time and once they have your money, they have no interest in listening to your concerns. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED STAY CLEAR OF PARK RESORTS, or if you do go away with them take your own food, drink, daily paper, milk, and entertainment oh and your own heating system as the pool heater was broken as others have said (yes we were told it wont be fixed as its the end of the season). Also avoid the bowling as others have said its on a slope and a waste of money. Wifi is non existent as others have also said, I rarely write a negative review, however Park resorts are another story. Also once you are there and forever after they text you to try to buy a caravan (are you having a laugh) however ignore any complaint you may have.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello Chris, firstly I’d like to sincerely apologise for your experience at Skipsea Sands. I can assure you that this is NOT the Park Resorts ethic or the standard we strive to maintain here. We have received some comments regarding the stock over the half term period, and for this I must apologise. It does appear that we made an error of judgement and we will certainly be ensuring there is not a reoccurrence of this situation again. I was so disappointed to read your review, as it is so important to us to ensure our guest experience is a great one, no matter what time of year they visit, however it appears we have failed on this occasion and for this I apologise. As a result of your feedback I will be making some necessary improvements.
The shop on park is a concession which also runs the stock down at the end of season therefore we do attempt to inform guests on arrival where they can go to pick up essentials in the local area, or are happy to provide directions at any time.
I am concerned to hear that you feel you have been ignored when complaining to our Customer Service team and would like to investigate this further if you would like to contact me directly at the park?
Your experience is certainly not the norm for our park, which as you can see (before this week) has always scored quite highly with our guests. I can assure you that we have taken all feedback on board and I’d like to apologise again for your experience and thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

the pitches where horrendous, we had to be pushed on and off the pitch.
there was rats running round the park
the childrens playpark was full of beer bottles and tin an broken glass
the swimming pool wasbroken but we weren't informed of this when we booked the day before.
the shop sold nothing and what it did sell was well over priced!! wedo alot of camping and caravaning and this was the worst site ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review, which was disappointing to read and I must apologise that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. Unfortunately throughout October we have suffered with such horrible wet weather. Under these circumstances when the ground is wet we do request that all our guests do not park on the grass due to the risk of becoming stuck and due to the additional damage it can cause to the grass. It is unfortunate that the weather is out of our control. We are aware that occasionally rats can venture on to park as this is an effect of our location and at this time of year when the farmers have cut their crops they do sometimes venture towards us. We do our utmost to avoid this situation and have a contract with ECOLAB who attend our site every two weeks to control on our behalf. We also try and discourage our guests from leaving food outside their accommodation. We have had a few issues with our pool recently and have had signs up around the complex to inform guests that the pool was a little colder than usual. Unfortunately this was out of our control but will be corrected for next year and I must apologise if it was too cold for you on this occasion. We complete numerous daily litter picks around the park and so I was concerned to hear your comments about litter. As a result I have spoken to our Maintenance team to ensure these are being completed as frequently as they should be. I do hope you may return to Skipsea to allow us to reinstall your faith in our park and again I apologise for your experience on this occasion.
halifax
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Motor home so stayed on touring site. Stayed here about 5 years ago and it was lovely then... not now, dont think they have spent a penny on it since our last visit. It was half term so busy.
All staff we met were really nice from reception to security, but the site and facilitys were dreadfull,
bordering on dangerous!.
Touring site was just a muddy bog,cars and vans stuck,with staff kindly dragging them on to tarmac with a tractor. The toilets were awash with mud and showers unusable due to same with no decent mop to clean them. The site should have been closed down, but the management must have thought money more important than customer safety.
No security barrier, so we had idiots from who knows where racing around the vans , pity they did not get stuck in the mud or end up in duck pond.
Heated swimming pool...... not.!
Entertainment ?......no... must have missed that...unless it you count the ducks,or security chasing the idiots. No heating in entertainment room so no one there.
Shop..... looked like it had been looted or was closed.
Food....Sportsman Bar...no heating....sat with coat on eating tepid, badly cooked food at dirty tables, floor covered in dropped food and rubbish.
20 min walk to beach due to coastal erosion.
Yes it was near end of season, but people had paid money for a holiday ( half term) and it was not good enough.
This is the worst site we have ever stayed on ever !I score 1 for the poor staff who have work there.

Room Tip: go to another site.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff which I will pass on. I must apologise that on this occasion we have failed to meet the high standards that we always strive to achieve. There has been an awful lot of rainfall this year and our touring area has suffered massively. As a result of our experiences from the heavy rainfall and as a result of feedback we have received, we will be looking at improving our touring area for next year.

I am very concerned to hear that you believed the site not to be safe. We do have a dedicated Personal Safety Officer on park who ensures that all our facilities adhere to Health & Safety standards. If you would like to contact me directly on park, I’d be very interested to discuss your concerns. We do have an entrance barrier that operates over the winter period only, as we do pride ourselves in being a family friendly park and have not required security barriers previously. We did run a full entertainment program with times and details provided to guests in their ‘Welcome Pack’ which is given to guests on arrival together with their key. Entertainment runs from 9am in the morning until 11pm at night and I can assure that guests were in attendance throughout, so I am so sorry if you did not see the schedule. The Park shop is a concession however we are aware, and concerned that the stock was low and have raised this with the concession owners to ensure improvements are made. Unfortunately we have had a problem with our pool, which I must apologise for as it was running at a colder temperature than usual. This will be corrected for next year. We do state in our Brochure and on our website that the nearest beach is Ulrome which is 15 minutes away. Unfortunately our beach access that once was, has now eroded due to natural coastal erosion and the council has had to close the road off. Thank you again for your review.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

. . . and it thoroughly enjoyable. At check-in there was a slight delay for us, apparently our allotted van wasnt ready so we were allocated a different one, which I believe was an 'upgrade'. It was very clean, very warm and cosy and the beds very comfy! The park itself was clean and well laid out and although we didn't use the facilities all the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. One little thing was the that site convenience store was very low on stock, probably due to the time of year (Nov) but hey-ho, only wanted a bar of chocolate! Must mention a good find (particularly for dog owners) for good homecooked food, try The Tiger Inn about three miles down the road at Beeford, you can have anything from the Restaurant Menu served in the Bar where dogs are welcome! Again, friendly and helpful staff and Landlord (and customers) This was one of those holidays where everything was right , also it was excellent value as it was a Sun Holiday (our first) but definately not our last

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jason d, General Manager at Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hi there

Thanks for your fantastic feedback.

It makes all the hard work put in by the team worth while when customers give us positive comments.

We hope to see you and your family back soon

Best wishes

Jason Denson
Cumbria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked a 4 night break during October half term - returned today. Have stayed on many, many Park, Haven, Butlins holidays so have several points of reference! Wasn't expecting this to be in our top 5, but certainly wasn't expecting the run down, badly maintained site that we got. It will be easier to bullet point the good and bad.....so here goes!

Good:

Fantastic childrens entertainment! Our two loved it. Big thanks to all the entertainment team you made our holiday.
Friendly bar staff, working in terrible conditions but not their fault.
Nice to have ten pin bowling on site - condition let it down (more later!)
Caravan not too bad, warm-ish, clean and tidy.

Bad:
Swimming pool - freezing cold for the four days we were there. Was told heater broken??
Bar/Restaurant - freezing cold. Never had to wear my coat before when eating my tea!!!
Dirty - sausages lying on the floor, presumably from breakfast. Not appealing!
Bar staff doubled up as waiters resulting in huge queues at bar.
Bar - hardly any drinks left! Overheard several people complaining. Ok it's near the end of the season, but come on Park Resorts......it was half term week and it was busy! Halloween night in the main entertainment room was full......no orange juice etc for kids ????? Have you not heard of meeting your customers needs?
Bowling Alley - looked great in the brochure. Four lanes.....only two seemed to be working. The pop up gutter guards to stop balls going in the gutter did not work unless they were jammed open with balls! Hardly any balls to choose from.
Wifi area? - still trying to find that......terrible mobile/wifi signal.
Shop - hardly any stock......refer to previous point about bar! PARK RESORTS MANAGERS TAKE NOTE!!!!! - in half term would it not be good to have more stock (have you heard of sale or return?)
Maintenance - asked for a broken window handle to be fixed in the caravan on the second morning as we were worried about security......still waiting for it to be fixed when we left!
Snack bar - lovely leaflet advertising quite appealing looking burgers and hot dogs. Actual product we got was a microwaved specimen.......reminded me why I don't usually order bar snacks!
Function room - again this was freezing......had they turned off the heating to save money???

To conclude........this park badly needs an injection of cash to carry out vital maintenance. It has the potential to be great with the various facilities it offers......such a shame it seems to have been left to go to ruin. The only saving grace seems to be the staff.....who I'm sure must feel like they are banging their heads against a brick wall!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor as it is as result of your feedback that we can make any necessary improvements on Park. I would firstly like to apologise for the lack of stock in all areas during your stay. The time of year should be no excuse to not deliver a fantastic guest experience and for that we are very sorry and do hope that you may give Skipsea Sands another chance to redeem ourselves. We have taken on board the feedback we have received regarding stock and will ensure we rectify this for next year. We did have signs up informing our guests of a fault with the pool temperature. Unfortunately we weren’t able to fix it as quickly as we would have liked. I am pleased to say it has now been rectified but I do appreciate that it was too cold for some whilst it was faulty and am sincerely sorry for this. The bowling alley is certainly something we are looking into over the winter period as it has been very well used and is looking tired, but as I am sure you can appreciate doing such work whilst open can have a huge impact on guests. I can confirm that our wifi area is located near to the Food Choice area in the Leisure Centre. I will certainly look into why there was no communication from Maintenance regarding your window handle as I can see from our system that the handle was ordered and should have been resolved. I apologise once again for your experience of our park and can assure you that your experience was not a true reflection of our usual performance.
bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Firstly the weather let down the trip with a cold front transforming a mild october into winter overnight. Hail and below zero temperatures in a caravan by the north sea brrrrr. This didnt help with the 2x loss of power whilst trying to cook tea. Thank goodness for the security guard who twice cam out to fix it and also brought extra duvets!The second day on the 3rd power cut we had to wait 45mins for someone to come out and flick the switch!!! I suppose it did warn us in the welcoming letter saying bring a torch and matches!

What would have improved the trip immensely would have been locating our party together as requested at booking and a few weeks prior to the trip. Instead the 2 caravans were split across the site. This impacted on mealtimes, meeting up and socialising which spoilt the vacation.

Other points to note are the play barn-why do you have topay extra for this? Other camp sites have small play areas included in the price. The beer is overpriced, loads of slot machines to spend your cash on. Swimming pool is average.All in all averageto poor trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations due to the location of your party’s accommodation. We will always endeavour to meet our guest’s needs wherever we can so I must apologise that this marred your holiday somewhat. At Skipsea we have hire fleet caravans and owner’s caravans; hire fleet vans are owned by the company and caravans which are owned by our owners who rent them out. Our hire fleet tend to be in one area and Owners caravans can be situated anywhere across park. Without knowledge of your booking reference I can only assume that the particular grade that was booked may have been part of our owners vans and this was why we were unable to pitch you together. I must apologise for this and can assure you that we will always attempt to relocate guests if possible, in order to satisfy their needs and ensure they enjoy their holiday. I am pleased to hear that our Security team assisted with your electrical issues and provided extra duvets. The ‘Play Barn’ is a concession situated on site but not owned by Park Resorts, so unfortunately we do not oversee any costs etc. for this facility. I do hope that you may visit us again in the future.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

just returned from our long weekend break at skipsea resort and we thoroughly enjoyed the break. The entertainment team were great they never stopped working day and night and my daughter loved the kids clubs especially the night shows. We went for sunday lunch at the board innn pub just down the road from the resort and it was lovely 3 course meal for 7.95 nd 4.50 for kids it was delicious. we were lucky to arrive on this weekend with it being halloween and there were fancy dress competitions on every night. /we all got dressed up on the saturday night and had a great time. Well done to all the entertainment team especially wiggle and joangeline which my daughter took a shine to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jason d, General Manager at Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi there

Thanks for the fantastic feedback. We try our hardest to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible so it makes it all worth while when people write back with positive and constructive feedback which allows us to get better at what we do.

I do hope that you will be visiting us again very soon.

Thanks again

Jason Denson

Been to Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!