“Stay at the Old Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gosport
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Stay at the Old Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Old Lodge for business and the room as well as the service received were excellent, so much so I hve booked to stay again. Mike and the team could do enough to help, they really made me feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed for one night with my Brother in Law as he cycles around Britain raising money in aid of Breast cancer charity. The old lodge gave us a twin and a double room, with breakfast totally free of charge. Natasha, the hostess was incredibly generous and a great host. The hotel is small and has a cosy atmosphere. It is beautifully decorated and appointed. The rooms have a fresh, clean, contemporary feel and are spotlessly clean, as is the ensuite with a double size shower and power head. I had a twin room and the bed gave me one of the most comfortable nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel.
We could not use the restaurant for dinner as it closes at 6pm on a Sunday but the friendly bar staff, Katy and Jordan gave us information that led to a great Chinese restaurant within yards of the hotel. On our return from dinner to the bar they chatted with us and other guests and really made us feel welcome. They are a credit to the hotel
I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone based on what they offer to every paying guest but I have to add extra thanks for their charitable and kind help to a good cause.
Thankyou very much indeed.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Llantrisant, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Old Lodge for 3 nights. Bar staff very friendly and helpful, a credit to the hotel. Owners very friendly. Breakfast was whatever you wanted. We ate in the restaurant first and last night - food on both occasions excellent and not overpriced. Wine list very good and again not overpriced.
We had a premium room overlooking car park/front of hotel. Room very spacious and lovely decor. Hotel is very well maintained. Car park is a little small, but you can park on the road. Not a lot to do in the immediate area but Portsmouth can be reached by ferry (a tip from the bar staff).
Would I stay here a again - yes I would

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gosport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I recently booked the Old Lodge for my parents to stay. Even though the booking website made a double booking, thus leaving my parents without a room for one night, the staff at the old Lodge went out of their way to accommodate them in the best possible way.

My parents have only good things to say about the place and I can only thank the staff for looking after them so well.

Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My Mum was staying at the Old Lodge and my wife and I had joined her for dinner. The food was of very good quality, with my steak being perfectly cooked. We were more impressed with the service however. The young lad who served us was polite, charming and knew the house menu well. We had a two week old with us, who typically decided he needed feeding just as the main courses were about to arrive! Our waiter, without prompt from us, asked if we needed the main courses delayed by a few minutes to allow the little one to feed. We were incredibly impressed with this thoughtful and caring approach. We had dinner on a busy night (13 th June) as well.

We would definitely come back here.

Douglas, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went to Gosport to see our grandson passing out from from the navy. We had a lovely fresh comfortable and quiet room. The room and bathroom were spotless. We had a really nice lunch in the garden. In the evening our grandson came to see us and we had dinner together, again it was really nice. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was perfect. we would really recommend The Old Lodge Hotel, the breakfast was exceptional. If we ever are down that way again we will definitely stay there again.
Tony & Anne Watson

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been coming to this place since 1980's - My parents brought us when we were little - so when we moved back here we were looking forward to trying it. They really cater for families at the weekends which is great - with the Bouncy Castle - but the food is terrible.
A while back we came and a Tuna Sandwich is £9.80!!!!! Yesterday my 1 year was served a £6 portion of pasta with a sauce consisting of tomato ketchup.
If the food was up to standard this really would be a cracking place to visit more often.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Old Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!