“Ideal for good food and drink!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 131 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: British
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Ideal for good food and drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Went with a few friends and my 21month old! We were catered for brilliantly but when it came to my daughter the toilets were not changing friendly, and very cold!!! Had to change my daughter on the side next to the sink! Didnt see changing toilet anywhere!

Visited January 2014

Winterswijk, The Netherlands
“Affordable, quick pub meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I can only agree with the previous reviewer that the Star is a typical Wetherspoons pub. Not my choice, I joined friends there for lunch, but it lived up to my expectations of an average pub from a chain. It was cheaper than I expected, though - getting two decent hot lunches for 6.95 is excellent value for money in my book. Not the most exciting pub food I've ever had, but it was very good value, so I'm not complaining, and I would happily come back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Typical Wetherspoons pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Star is a Wetherspoons pub/restaurant on the main pedestrianised walk through town. We use it mainly for weekend breakfasting since Wetherspoons breakfast is consistent wherever you go :) Large fried breakfast, a cup of coffee and a half of whatever guest ale is available always goes down very well of a Saturday morning and the price is good for the quality and quantity of food you receive. At The Star service can be a little slow (I once asked if we'd been forgotten about) and there is a danger of screaming children running around the place, it seems quite popular with local families....definitely will be going back for breakfast, but only because they serve reasonably priced, half decent food at the consistent culinary level I expect of any 'Spoons pub anywhere in the world.

Went out for a Friday night curry at the New Bengal (read the review) with a few friends and was so disappointed in Stoke Road pub action we opted for 'Spoons which proved to be a good choice since it seems it's the only place with any people in it. Far from packed it was easy to get served and find somewhere to sit and drink and chat. There seemed to be quite a few older teens in the place - normal for 'Spoons - and at first I thought it was a gay pub (it's not - I think), but they were well behaved, friendly and sociable. We stayed until 1am and were unhurridly requested to leave. I'll probably go back, but only because it's a pub and I can get beer there.

• Visited December 2013