“Another great meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Been here a few times and yet again the food was at such a good standard. We managed to get in before a party of ten so we got served fast. Two had the exmoor steak and one had a normal steak. All steaks cooked to perfection. Really impressed with this pub.

Gosport, United Kingdom
“great value and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have lived in Gosport for 50 years and never gone to this pub/restaurant until last week. I took my 15 year old daughter for lunch to celebrate her birthday and it was a lovely experience. I had the omelette with chips and peas and the omelette was huge, it filled half the plate!! My daughter had a sandwich which came with chips and salad, the bread was fresh and thick sliced and my daughter said it was delicious. The whole lunch cost £12.50 with drinks and we both left nicely full and completely satisfied. We will definately be returning in the near future, I just wish I had visited this place a long time ago.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
gosport,hampshire
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having tried many pubs and restaurants in Gosport, my wife and I thought we would give ' The Old House at home' a try, and I must say, we were so glad we did. My wife had the Roast Beef sunday lunch, and I had the homemade burger. The portions were of good size, the beef being of good quality, and the burger was delicious and so obviously homemade. I would say give this pub a try, I think you will be pleasanly surprised.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
gosport
“Fabulous for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stopped here for lunch with my mum and daughter and was surprised at the extensive menu and quality of the food.

“Lost for words”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Third time visiting this very friendly pub. Service was great staff always smiling. I had steak with bree, chips and pea. My partner had the pork chops. My steak was cooked perfect, medium rare and the pork chops were done to perfection. We had a very good bottle of wine too. The prices were reasonable and we left with a big smile in our faces after having such a great meal. Not been disappointed three out of three visits so this place will be our first choice of choosing somewhere to eat in gosport. Thank you for making our night special.

• Visited July 2013