“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We thought we would stop by and have a snack after all the good things we have heard and was not disappointed. Service was friendly and welcoming and the food was perfect. My son actually finished his plate. Would definitely recommend this cafe to a friend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gosport, United Kingdom
“Nice chill out place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Thought I would pop in this place as it has had so many good reviews. It's a nice little chill out place. The place is clean and staff were friendly. When walking into the cafe they had just baked cakes and the smell was lovely. We only had tea and a latte but will come back for food next time as the food looked really nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Thankyou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Such lovely staff, had to say Thankyou to a teenage girl who helped a friend that was ill which she kindly gave us a drink to help us out over the weekend. Great food and brilliant service, will sure be back to visit next time where in Gosport.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fareham, United Kingdom
“I don't get the fuss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm not really sure why this place is rated so highly. The first time I came to The Pump House we promptly left due to the fact there are no toilet facilities. Coming here today for a quick drink for lunch with others, I was sorely disappointed. There were a couple of bland looking and probably extremely warm cakes, and when I went to get a magnum out of the freezer I was told to get it from the middle drawer where any available ice creams or ice lollies were, me there was none. That's fine, they were out. But I had to rummage around in the drawer, and amongst the random ice lollies were unwrapped sausage rolls and other frozen items they would obviously be serving to customers at some point. They have now been touched by me and probably others who have tried to grab an ice cream from the drawer. That is terrible! Very poor food hygiene. Have them in a separate drawer, and definitely don't have food free from their packaging.
We ended up just having a can from the fridge, and others we lunched with had a sandwich, which did look good (mostly). The Pump House really needs to sort their freezer out!

Visited July 2013
sarah h, Owner at The Pump House, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am sorry that your experience at the pumphouse was not a good one. We have reviewed our practices since your visit and staff have had further training regarding our food hygiene practices. We have a 4 out of 5 hygiene rating and staff are given training on our practices regularly. Food is normally kept in the top and bottom drawers of the freezer you are concerned with, due to demand some items have to be baked and cooked within a certain time, however all items should be wrapped or in containers and I can only apologise for the food found in the ice cream drawers. I can assure you however, that any food unwrapped would've been ditched that day when our end of day checks are carried out. The freezer has since been sorted and ice creams topped up ,and all members of staff have been spoken to.
We have 3 sets of toilet facilities on site and our staff can point you to these if you require them. , Our cakes ,due to high demand are baked daily, at most every other day. I hope you will visit again and that your pumphouse experience will be a better one.
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Top little cafe in Gosport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an excellent little cafe offering true value for money in an unusual setting (a car park!). We've been here a few times now, as its close to our home. the service is very friendly and prompt, the food is unpretentious but very tasty and well prepared. There is always a lot of customers coming and going.
Today we had a bacon butty each with a mug of coffee for £8.80. The bacon was grilled just right and had none of those dreaded chewy bits, the bread was nice and thick, but light. The coffee was good too, perhaps not like italian coffee shops etc, but very good all the same.
There's a varied menu on offer to cater for most and they also hold a licence which is a bonus if you fancy a beer or glass of wine.
Well done to the Pump House, you deserve every success.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere