“A must in Devon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ladram Bay Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Budleigh Salterton
Ladram Bay Holiday Park
You added Ladram Bay Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Otterton, Budleigh Salterton EX9 7BX, England   |
Dorset
“A must in Devon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I agree with all the reviews,totally Brilliant site,with loads of great ammeities.We camped in a tent in the Smugglers field,great views accross the bay.
Toilet blocks are fantastic and very very clean ( well done to those concerned)
Plenty of eating places,good shop,great restaurant with good value food.
And the best bit a private beach down a lane.
Overall we would definatly go back again,as my wife and I rate it very highly.

Only gripe,but not the fault of the site....DAMN Seagulls are so annoying,dont leave food out or try not to eat in view,and they go inside your tents etc...Beware.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I can't add much to all the other good reviews this holiday park has. We stayed in a Budleigh Premier 3 and it was great very clean and it had everything we needed - 2 loos which were handy! Caravans are well spaced so we felt we had some privacy. We had a wonderful week, there is so much to do in the area that you could stay for a month and not get bored. Even our teenage daughter gives Ladram the thumbs up (the free wifi helped!) and she's not easy to please. Our six year old enjoyed the kids club, the playground, the amusements and the stunning beach. Us parents just enjoyed the fact that they were happy! All in all something for the whole family and I am sure we'll return in the future.

Middlewich, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at Ladram Bay for 10 days at the beginning of August and I have to say I was extremely impressed with the site and all of the facilities it offers.

We arrived in our caravan and was told to park on the left hand side of the car park and unhitch, a tractor then arrived and towed us to our pitch, I was very grateful for this as the campsite is quite steep and it saved my clutch.

We were pitched on The Ridges, which overlooks the campsite and has an exquisite view of the sea, the pitch was fully serviced and very roomy, with plenty of room for an awning.

The shower block, toilets and pot wash were obviously new and very impressive, the showers were digital and always spotless with the cleaner there always making sure it was just so.

The site was full but didn’t seem that way, the club is not overly priced, has some good entertainment and the kids loved it. There is an extensive kids playing area including amusements, which kept our 7, and 4 year old occupied.

The pool area is again first class, you have to pay as a touring guest but there are sun loungers to sit outside if the weather is nice.

We ate at the restaurant on one night, which was a bit busy, the food was lovely, we ate outside overlooking the beautiful bay, just watch out for thieving seagulls.

There is a private beach, which has canoes and boats for hire, the beach is pebbly until the sea goes out then there is a bit of sand, the beach and bay are so picturesque, there is loads of opportunity to go crabbing, something which we became quite good at by the end of the holiday.

The site is quite secluded through a lovely village called Otterton, there are nearby shops and supermarkets in Exmouth which is about 5 miles away, the costal path runs to Sidmouth one way and Budleigh Salterton the other. We walked to Sidmouth which is well worth a visit, must have been feeling energetic as it was a six mile round trip.

Overall I would to highly recommend Ladram Bay, the buildings are relatively new, the facilities really clean and first class, the staff welcoming, an excellent place to stay and I would not hesitate in suggesting my friends to stay as we loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Ladram Bay off and on for 20+ years. This visit has been superb. From the moment we arrived the staff have been happy and smiley. Not one thing is to much bother. Two small problems with the caravan were sorted within 1 hour of reporting it. I have only one small critique and that is the swimming pool. It has been here for a long time and apart from putting it undercover it has had little improvement. If this could be updated over the coming seasons it could become a real jewl in the Crown. The entertainment has been 1st class. The Green Coats are a credit to the park and the the powers that be should be extremely proud of Carla and her team. The original shows they put on are brilliant. The children's shows are great. I have one request can we have more Ozzy, no Offence to scratch and Pickles they rock but Ozzy is the original and best. Will be back in 2014

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

What a gr8 hoilday me and the family just had.. Beautiful pebble beach. Boat hire .. Crabbing is a must . We ate at the pebbles restaurant twice .. Wow the food was lush.. And very good value 4 money. Totally was the best caravan hoilday I've ever had..

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

most of my childhood holidays were spent in ladram bay 250 miles south of my hometown chesterfield in derbyshire . this year i returned with my young family , my wife and three boys aged 13 and 10 yr old twins with our touring caravan..30 yrs since my last visit ..WOW..well worth the wait , still as stunning as i remember it , but maybe more so because my eyes see more than just the sea to play in . my family fell in love staight away with the place . the views , the amazing beach , superb staff and just an amazing place to be ...so much so we booked for next year before we came home .....try it you WILL NOT be disapointed.....regards ..the turners

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here camping for a week. 2 adults and 2 teenage children. On arrival to site we were shown to our pitch by tractor with was a nice touch. The electric hookup was a fantastic after thought as we don't usually use it. The pitch was a prime location with a fantastic view of the sea.
The shingle beach is great with loads to do. From crab lines to hiring a peddle boat. Or sit on the club house terrace with a cold beer.
Found the food very good and well priced. The cafe helped with keeping the ice packs frozen.
We took some fire logs on a off the floor fire pit but was asked every night to put out (shame) at 10.30. The new shower block is fantastic only fault was showers movement sensitive and turned the shower of after about 30 seconds.
Would we visit again? Yes.
Fantastic site great value and the kids lovers the water walking in the pool

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Ladram Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!