“Nice hotel with friendly staff. Nice quiet location for a getway from nightlife etc” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Devere Venues Denham Grove

You added Devere Venues Denham Grove to your Saves list
Devere Venues Denham Grove
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tilehouse Lane, Denham UB9 5DG, England (Formerly Durdent Court)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
London -East
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here flror two nights for a conference, myself andtwo children. Breakfast dinner and lunch were all buffett good selection of meals catered for everyone no fault with dinners at all an the staff were great!

Leisure facilities i must say i am not sure why the pool is so deep and doesnt have a shallow end quiet disappointing as the children werent able to get in but we did use the jaccuzzi.

The rooms were spacious the bathroom cud b a little bigger we had a room with a double bed an two single foldup guest beds . Tv service terrible channels kept switchig by itself pretty annoyning everything else superb business user hotel defintly

I wouldstay here again especially if it was on business but i will be trying other de vere hotels.and i would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Devere Venues Denham Grove, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear ladylise20,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Denham Grove experience with other TripAdvisor users.

Please accept my apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay. We are working hard to resolve the issue with the TV reception in the bedrooms.

It was nice to read that you found the staff lovely and friendly and I have ensured a copy of your review is displayed on the staff notice board for them all to read.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Having been told by Reception that we did not need to pre-book, the restaurant had ran out of main courses when we asked for a table for three at 8.45pm on a Saturday evening, or so we were told. Only the bar menu was available, which we had no choice but to accept. The restaurant staff then made it pretty clear they wanted to go home. Other than that the hotel was fine, but if a major part of a hotel doesn't make guests feel welcome, it taints the experience.

And vacuum cleaning the corridors at 8am on a Sunday morning - what was that all about?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pcf7,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us at Denham Grove.

I was disappointed to learn of your experience in the restaurant and that the food apparently ran out – this is just unacceptable and this issue has been discussed at length with our Head Chef to ascertain what happened and ensure it does not again. The point you make about the staff making it clear they wanted to go home is likewise unacceptable and this issue has been raised with them and additional training allocated to ensure there is no repetition of this behaviour.

I have also spoken with the Housekeeping Manager, as hoovering outside your bedroom door at 8am is not our normal service standard and something nobody wants to hear when trying to have a relaxing Sunday morning.

Please accept my apologies for the negatives you experienced during your stay and thank you again for taking your time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got a terrific late reservation deal for this hotel on a Sunday night. Sure, the place needs a bit of updating, but great location, blissfully peaceful, and fab breakfast, so no complaints from me.
Staff were friendly and attentive,and I'll certainly be back, so long as it stays cheap!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bloggster,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience when staying with De Vere Venues Denham Grove.

It was great to read that you found the team friendly and attentive – they were most pleased when I shared this feedback with them.

We are currently assessing the condition of the hotel to prioritise areas of improvement – so hopefully if you make a return visit to us you will see an improvement in this area.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Denham Grove in the near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I first discovered Denham Grove just over a year ago when I needed somewhere to stay near Uxbridge. I'm not a fan of booking hotels in the middle of the city where you have to pay extra for parking, etc so the Devere was ideal for me as it is just a short drive into the centre of Uxbridge, it has Free parking and just as importantly to me it has Free WIFI. The room rates were more or less on a par with most of the others that I looked at in the area although the Devere had the added advantage in that it had a Free swimming pool, Sauna and Steam room which is just what you need after spending the day in a stuffy office being brain washed on H&S.

When we last stayed there in January this year they appeared to be a bit short staffed (probably due to the heavy snowfall), the collection of used room service trays was a bit neglected and there was crockery the corridors for over 24 hours as a result, a couple of the bar staff also seemed to be suffering from sense of humour failure, although I do not remember this from my previous stays and it would definitely not put me off if I'm ever in the area again. The Devere is a big hotel which it is starting to look a little bit tired in places, but on the whole it is a clean, comfortable and very handy hotel. I wouldn't go there for a special trip but it defiantly worth considering if you just need a sound base as it has everything that you need at no extra hidden costs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wanderer2709,

Many thanks for taking the time to write of your experience on TripAdvisor – it is very much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, such as; the swimming pool, sauna and the free WiFi.

With regards to the comments you make about the condition of the hotel, this is something we are addressing with a programme of pro-active maintenance and refurbishment to ensure our appearance is at its best. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager who has installed new several daily checks to ensure room service trays are not left in the corridors.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write and it was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will consider us again the future when you are visiting the area.

Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here through business with 4 other females and arrived late on a Friday evening. The hotel has 'energy stations' - on tap coke, coffee, tea and snacks. Apologies to all guests that night if our overexcited squeals disturbed you!
The only negative aspect of our stay - would have given 5 stars otherwise - was the guy who checked us in to our '3 x double rooms'. We said that they should be twins, and he said something along the lines of 'tough, there is nothing we can do about it now'. Fortunately, the beds were split.
The rooms were nice, big, squishy beds and really good meals. Horrified at how much weight I put on this weekend!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony, and it appeared at no extra cost. Some rooms also appeared to have a terr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
whitejo, General Manager at Devere Venues Denham Grove, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Becky H,

Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay with us in Denham Grove.

I am delighted to know that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us, particularly that you loved our energy stations so much. These are firm favourites with our regular guests and we try really hard to ensure we offer a great variety of healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and treats. I am really pleased you were able to indulge!

Thank you for also bringing your arrival experience to my attention. This is very simply unacceptable and I have followed this up with our Front of House Manager to investigate this thoroughly. We genuinely care about our guest experience and this is certainly not typical of the service I expect of my team.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Suffolk, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A one-night stay only on what turned out to be one of the snowiest nights of the winter. The hotel was difficult to find (some directional signs in the nearby village from de Vere would be useful). Once there however we were extremely impressed with all the staff that we came across, very helpful and courteous at all times. Our room (in the courtyard rather than the main hotel) was excellent (though pillow quality was not consistent). The pool complex was superb (aren't saunas meant to be uncomfortable? - see previous commentator). Our one disappointment was the lack of a full restaurant service (bar menu only) - why wasn't this mentionned on the website (ps: a mention on the website of the early check out time would have been appreciated too).

Room Tip: We recommend courtyard room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bantam_10,

Thank you so much for your review on our Trip Advisor site, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do normally operate a full restaurant service, alongside a menu option within our bar and lounge area. However on very rare occassions when the venue is quiet, we combine the menu which I hope you found still offered a wide variety of choices from steaks, pastas and traditional home-made favourites such as fish and chips, pie and mash etc.

There were a couple of days in the past month due to adverse weather when many guests were unable to make it for their reservation, hence we chose to combine the dining options. Of course, we should have made you aware of this prior to your arrival and I have certainly taken that feedback on board.

I really do hope you will choose to visit us again in Denham Grove and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Warwick, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Average rooms, average,unimaginative food, average price for the area. Nice swimming pool, cold jacuzzi, uncomfortable sauna. An internet connection that is so slow you don't want to use it.

There is nothing wrong with this hotel and yet there is nothing special about it neither. Maybe as a conference hotel, this is fine - it will certainly not ruin your conference. The rooms are smaller than the b&b next door, but for twice the price.

The bar food is expensive - I paid £38 for nachos, burger and three medium glasses of wine. The burger was over-cooked and the wine was, well average - but expensive.

No need to rush back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
whitejo, General Manager at Devere Venues Denham Grove, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear saltytowers,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent experience and views of Denham Grove.

I am of course disappointed to read that you feel our service and facilities are only adequately average. We strive very hard to try and really take care of our guests and ensure they have an experience that is far above average. To read this was your experience really does spur us on to ensure we make further improvements to stand out to our guests.

I would very much like to discuss your stay with us in further detail and to gain a better insight into how we could improve beyond average, so would be extremely grateful if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Joanne White

Been to Devere Venues Denham Grove? Share your experiences!