“Great hotel in a lovely rural location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Devere Venues Denham Grove

You added Devere Venues Denham Grove to your Saves list
Devere Venues Denham Grove
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tilehouse Lane, Denham UB9 5DG, England (Formerly Durdent Court)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Bucks, Uk
“Great hotel in a lovely rural location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We live locally to this hotel and decided to treat ourselves to a one night stay. We stayed on a Sunday night, myself, my hubby & 6 year old daughter. What a great time we had. There is plenty of parking and we were checked in very quickly and efficiently by a lovely lady who also checked us out the following morning. Our room was on the ground floor not far from all the facilities, very spacious, with views out towards the lovely grounds. There was a single fold out bed made up for my daughter and plenty of towels.The room had a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee tray and safe. We used the swimming pool in the evening and again in the morning, very clean, changing rooms with lockers (you need a pound to use but you get this back) , my daughter loved this. Most of the time we were the only ones in the pool. There is also a gym but we didn't use this. The restaurant was closed in the evening so we ate in the bar. Friendly staff and great food. We had the Verve Burger, delicious.
We had breakfast in the restaurant which was very good. Choice of cereals, pastries, toast and cooked items. The lady looking after us was excellent and got my daughter a fresh egg so she could dip her toast in the runny yolk. Fantastic.
Overall we had a great time and won't hesitate to go back. There were a few cobwebs in our room and the carpet could have been hoovered better, also plates in the restaurant could have done with a good clean but apart from that a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
whitejo, General Manager at Devere Venues Denham Grove, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear MoW77,

Thank you so much for such a positive and kind review on our Trip Advisor site.

I am absolutely delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay. As you live locally, I really do hope you will take advantage of one our great future promotions and visit us again in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Joanne White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Wembury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights commencing December 27th. The staff were friendly but the room was dreadful. In fact the room was the worst hotel room I have experienced for as long as I can remember other than a "bush hotel" in Togoland. I do like to have soap and a squeezey bottle of Radox liquid is a poor substitute. The room was not serviced on December 31st no doubt because we slept until 11am Is that unreasonable? There were no facecloths. The meals were pretty basic and the Beef Wellington on News Years Eve was inedible. Worst of all the bacon tasted nasty and had stripes of black due to the grill being dirty. There were no cold meats eg Ham, fish etc There is no lift and it was difficult to get the cases up[ the stairs.

Room Tip: Insist on seeing the room as other guests apparently had very good rooms. Why we had such a bad one...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Seascape20,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us as part of a special interest group during the Christmas period. I am so disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I am grateful for you bringing this issues to my attention.

I am sorry to learn that the Radox bottle of soap & body wash provided was not to your liking. As part of our agreement with your party organiser, due to the demogaphics of a large proportion of the group, it was requested we offered a more user-friendly bottle type soap & body wash. We do have standard soap bars available and would have been able to provide you with this if you had requested it. Unfortunately we do not offer face cloths as a standard item within our bathrooms.

Thank you also for your feedback on your experience of dining with us and I am so sorry you did not enjoy the Beef Wellington on New Years Eve. We did genuinely receive some very positive feedback from people within your group that evening and we do always encourage guests to advise us immediately if something is not to their liking, this then does give us the opportunity to put right the problem there and then.

I do feel your comments regarding our breakfast bacon to be a little unfair as the black stripes you describe are not due to the grill being dirty, but due to us "chargrilling" our bacon - thus causing chargrilled markings on the rashers. We do feel this is a far nicer cooking alternative to standard frying or oven-baking bacon and gives a far greater flavour.

I am very sorry to read you struggled with your luggage as no lift was availabe. We did have porters available for every group arriving and leaving us during the festive period, we also did mention this service in your welcome letter and also during the welcome drinks reception on your first night. However I am sorry to read you did not take advantage of this service, it is always very welcomed by our guests when they do use this.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I really do hope this experience will not deter you from booking with us again, as we are welcoming back your group for Christmas 2013.

Yours sincerely,

Exeter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Location: Arrived late at night on 23rd December after a day in London. Hotel located mile from Denham train station which is 25mins train from Marylebone. Easy to find, just 5 mins off M25 / M40 with plenty of parking.

Location 5 stars.

Room: Ground floor room of adequate size, we always describe De Vere as 2 steps up from Travelodge and a step up from Premier Inn and room was good sized, everything worked, comfy bed and hot shower.

Room: 5 stars

Service: Night porter / Night reception guy very pleasant and welcoming. Swift check in and gave us useful info. Was unsure on check out time as following morning was xmas eve so said to double check with reception in morning which i did. Did not try out restaurant.

Service: 5 stars

Facilities: We only paid £20 for the night so great value. We have stayed in many De Vere and always look for leisure facilities (we have not topped Daventry yet). Good pool and sauna, Jacuzzi was luke warm at best and bubbles hard to get going (though worked eventually)

Facilties: 4 stars

Overall would stay here again when planning a trip to London as excellent location with good transport links. Thankyou!

Room Tip: Use Denham train station to take a trip to central London!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
whitejo, General Manager at Devere Venues Denham Grove, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear speedyflo,

Thank you for such a positive review on Trip Advisor and taking the time to write this.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us but very disappointed we lost our half star for a cold jacuzzi. Rest assured this has now been addressed and in full working order.

I wish you a very Happy New Year and hope we can offer you a 5 star welcome back to Denham Grove in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on boxing night.
Check in was quick easy and friendly.
Room lovely, clean and plenty of towels
Swimming pool was clean as well as the changing rooms.
Didn't try the restaurant as we went to the Beefeater (just down the road) but had the breakfast there which was lovely and fresh and the staff very attentive.
Would recommend highly.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear etb2202,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured I will share your feedback with my whole team.

I wish you a very Happy New Year and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we saw that there was one disabled parking bay which was always taken, upon checking in we weren't asked if we need help with our luggage!
The room was ok apart from the awkward position of the shower screen and you couldn't reach the bath plug or the taps to turn on the shower or adjust it! There was one tiny shower wash and one bar of soap and one towel.
The socket above the desk wasn't working properly and we thought that we would get a shock off of it, the television didn't work and when we told of this it wasn't fixed!
The jacuzzi was disgusting and had a horrible cover in it and the Sauna wasn't working at all! I thought "Devere hotels were meant to be really good!!
As it was our 20th wedding anniversary I asked reception if they could write a message on a plate as a surprise for my husband, nothing was done or said at all!
It was a buffet in the evening we had to help ourselves to food despite there being staff just hanging around and they didn't offer a hand or anything to help.
To top it all at breakfast the staff were far too busy setting up most of the tables for lunch or dinner, I struggled with my bags (I'm disabled) sat down at a table and was asked to move when the waiter actually watched me and did nothing! I think the staff in the restaurant need to have a course on customer service skills!
A lot of the items at breakfast were running out and we had to keep asking for things constantly
On the plus side the energy stations where you can get hot drinks and snacks from we're a good idea, bar staff were good, nice surrounding grounds as we looked out of our patio door and we really enjoyed HP World!
Would we come back to this hotel? Only as a base again!
I hate writing bad reviews, but I think I should be truthful to inform other guests. I always go on tripadvisor just wish that I had done so in this instance and read other people's experiences before booking!

Room Tip: We were in a room on the first floor overlooking the grounds.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KentSue,

Thank you for your recent review on our Trip Advisor site.

I was extremely disappointed to read of your experience and I would be very keen to understand the exact date of your stay so that I may further investigate the points you have kindly raised. We genuinely pride ourselves on our custmer service, so I would like to be able to address the issues you have raised.

I was however encouraged by the individual ratings on your review of 4 or 5 scores for value, cleanliness, sleep quality and location. I am so pleased you found us convenient for the Harry Potter Studio Tour which is located only 15 minutes drive from our venue.

Again, I would very much appreciate details of when you actually stayed with us and I look foward to speaking with you.

Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My last hotel night of the year was spent at the Devere hotel, which is located in a quiet rural area close to Uxbridge. As you would expect, there was plenty of free on site parking and the check in was fairly smooth.
My room was very spacious and had a small balcony, large modern bathroom and seemed well equipped.

I met a colleague in the bar that evening and it was here, service began to slip. Wrong meals were delivered, drinks forgotten, orders part completed, etc, etc. in fairness, there seemed to be a function on in another room, but the young lad seemed to have been left to cope alone and consequently was floundering.

A second lapse in service came when the hotel appeared to have lost the pre authorization of my credit card and tried to charge me a second time. Thankfully that was sorted out in the morning at check out.

Prices arent the cheapest. A pizza and pint of Guinness cost aprox £16.50 that said, the pizza was tasty (even if not what I ordered) and the Guinness ok.

Would I return? Yes i would....as im sure normal DeVere standards will return very shortly.

Thats all for this year. Lets see where 2013 takes me. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to anuyone reading

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sowie,

Thank you for sharing your review following your stay with us in Denham Grove.

I was really pleased to read that you found your bedroom so comfortable and that you will consider using our venue again, despite the problems you encountered in our bar. I am so sorry for the mix up with your food order and I promise normal service has already resumed!

I wish you a very Happy New Year and hope we can welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We were quite hesitant once we booked our stay after reading some baffling reviews. However, our room was clean and luxurious. The bathroom was lovely, especially the heated floors. The tea and coffee stations came in handy. The only problem was the Saturday night Christmas party which was quite loud, but other than that we did not want to come home!

• Stayed December 2012
whitejo, General Manager at Devere Venues Denham Grove, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear StevieV1991,

Thank you for such a positive review on our Trip Advisor site.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you so enjoyed your stay. It always gives us such a boost to hear this feedback and rest assured I will be sharing your comments with the whole team!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I really do hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Joanne White

Been to Devere Venues Denham Grove? Share your experiences!