“Quite traditional looking” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Quite traditional looking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went to Coliba Haiducilor with some friends while in Poiana Brasov. The experience was nice. My lamb was good, well cooked. However, the soup i had for the first course wasn't really delicious. It was ok. The portions i felt were small for the money you pay - it's not very expensice compared to other countries but for Romania it can be pricey.

What i loved the most was the freshly baked bread - that was very nice.

My piece of advice for the administration would be to renovate the toilets in a proper way (i know, completely unrelated but you can make an opinion just by looking at toilets).

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
cta
“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

horrible...the rudest waitresses i've ever seen.the foof is horrible.the cook is very bad.old food.they only want to cheat you

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Yahel, Israel
“Hansel and Gretel Shoot Winnie the Pooh!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Vegetarians and Animal Rights Activists should stay away, but if you want to taste venison, wild boar, or bear in a venue you won't quickly forget, this place'll do you proud! After a short walk (with ski boots it was more like a trek!) up a path through the woods near the base of the two gondolas, we arrived at a building that looked like Hansel and Gretel might have once lived there. Greeting us hanging upside down from a tree near the entrance were two dead pigeons, but we did not let this deter us. We peeked into the pantry downstairs - all I'll say is that it's worth a peek - and then climbed up the stairs to the restaurant. We were seated immediately, and looked around at the incredible "hunting lodge" decor. I didn't much care for the appetizers, though my companions liked them just fine, but I thoroughly enjoyed my combo platter of bear and venison, and the service was just fine. After the meal, I wanted to quit skiing for the day and go back to the hotel to rest, so I asked the waiter to call me a cab. They couldn't manage that, but the waiter offered to drive me (and my skis) back to my hotel, and I gladly accepted his offer!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kilkenny, Ireland
“A very nice experience - felt authntic even if fabricated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had a lovely meal here with 2 adults and 4 teenagers. The restaurant has been designed to be like a traditional "old" restaurant filled with lots of hunting equipment and dead animals ( skins !!). The kids loved it and we were able to get good food and wine.

We had the cheese and meat platter to start and found the lard a bit heavy but the others very nice. We ordered a litre of house wine which was very palatable and only cost 60 li ( €13).

A traditional gipsy band played a few tunes but were not obtrusive. Finally and importantly there were locals there.

All in all a nice experience and reasonable food and service - a good tourist experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It is a good restaurant.The food are great (i recommend "Borcanul bunicii").The price are a little bit higher but the food and the services are excellent