“extremely relaxing two weeks” 5 of 5 stars

Agriturismo I Mandorli
Loc. Fondaccio 6 | Bovara di Trevi, 06039 Trevi, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Trevi
Berlin, Germany
“extremely relaxing two weeks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This olive farm is in a beautiful location half way up a hillside, and all the apartments are spaced around the property which means each one feels very private with its own outdoor area. We stayed in Apartment Maria which has a large lounge, two big bedrooms and we felt very much at home there. The pool has amazing views across the countryside, and is a wonderful place to while away an afternoon on one of the comfortable loungers or on the nearby lawn. We came with our two small children (3 year twins) and they loved exploring all the stone staircases and flower lined pathways around the property. The highlight had to be Wanda though - she is the matriarch of the family and right from the first minute made us and our children feel totally welcome and at home. She made our stay really special, and we are already talking about returning there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wonderful friendly hosts on this working farm outside of Trevi. Comfortable apartment (Maria) with large living area/kitchen, comfortable beds, and beautiful views. Easy drive to many Umbrian towns. A small local grocery store is an easy walk as well as a pizza place. We spent two weeks here in April and the weather and gardens were perfect. The office sold farm-produced items like lentils and even had local wine to purchase.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was our first stay in an agriturismo but it won't be our last. The property was beautiful, our stay in Rustico Alessandro was great, and Maria and her sisters are fantastic hosts. The location was close to everything and it was easy access to the main highways. The town of Trevi itself is fantastic also!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeonju
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I wanted to explore the Umbria region and experience an alternative holiday to staying in a hotel. Madorli agriturismo surpassed all my expectations. Nestled in the hills near Trevi we were met with the best hospitality from the family.

We stayed in one of the b&b rooms which had a spectacular view of the countryside. And the most stunning sunsets. The breakfasts were fantastic and with such a selection of new fresh made bread and cakes everyday with freshly pressed olive oil. It was a perfect base for me to explore Trevi, Spoletto, Assisi and Perugia. I really couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

Although we stayed in October we can two very nice days and were able to make use of the pool which itself has amazing views. I have recommend this place to so many people already.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My wife and I and our three-year-old son stayed here for five nights (in the Rustico Alessandra outbuilding), and had a wonderful time. The location is dead gorgeous, with views (even a 360-degree one if you ascend to the small roof deck over the office), and the ancient buildings are surrounded by olive groves. You do look down to the highway, but it's far enough away that it doesn't detract from the beauty. There are also frequent trains that pass -- again, maybe a half-mile distant -- about which my son was quite excited.

Now, the cats. There are a lot of them, and they just roam around -- they're fun to look at, and you see them draped over stone walls or asleep in planters, etc. We even made up our own names for them. In other words, they weren't a problem . . .for us. But I could imagine someone who was less tolerant finding the situation a bit out of hand.

We loved it here and would return, for sure. Mama Wanda kept coming by with baked goods. The nearby towns are fun to explore (Trevi, Bevagna, Montefalco, Spoleto), and you can eat and drink yourself silly. Highly recommended. I wish I were back at I Mandorli right now.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Naypyidaw, Myanmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid winter experiencing their coldest day in 50 years. Snow on the ground ("It's never snowed here before") made walking between the villages a delight.
The room we stayed in was large & had a marvelous view over the whole extensive Umbrian countryside.
The family, grandma, 3 daughters, 3 children have been farming here for 300 years. You really do get a sense of history here.
Breakfast was a sensation beside a roaring open fire. Almost all home made or home grown provisions.

We'd love to come back & spend a week.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at I Mandorli for 2 nights and throughly enjoyed it. The family members we met we charming and very helpful. The room (we had one of the 3 b&b rooms) was simple but very clean and comfortable. We were initially disappointed with the view (the roof of a farm building) but we were really only in the room to sleep and we kept the shutters closed to keep it cool anyway. Breakfast was excellent; home made jams, bisciuts and cake so fesh from the oven they were still a little warm!
The pool was wonderful, the family are clearly very proud of it and keep it spotless. The down side of this is that I was asked to were a swimming cap.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Agriturismo I Mandorli? Share your experiences!