“Yummy food and super clean” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Adige 19, 53047 Sarteano, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sarteano
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Yummy food and super clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time staying in this hotel. The hosts are super friendly and helpful. They get me discount to go to the pool and getting taxi. One highlight is the home made food in the meals included in the room rate. I truly miss all of them - the best Italian food I ever had so far. The pesto is SO YUM!!
The only thing to improve is the internet connection in rooms. I am looking forward to spend a few days there again!

• Stayed July 2013
sarteano, Proprietario at Albergo Roberta, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thanks a lot for your words and thanks also for your stay in our Hotel ! Many congratulations for a new year with a beautiful events for you and ... we wait you as soon as you can for another stay here ... in the kitchen !!!
Nadia & Felice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

You simply will not find a better place to stay no matter how hard you try; staying with Nadia and Felice is like staying with family. The rooms are charming, spacious, and clean and I love the beautiful windows that open fully to reveal gorgeous views of the Tuscan countryside. If you have the option, you can request a room that looks out over the castle and you will have beautiful french doors that open to a small balcony. You may also request a room with aircon, but it's very nice in the evening if you turn on the fan and open the window. (I was there in July, it can't get any hotter than that!) The albergo is situated in a local neighborhood full of friendly people who work in their gardens and walk their dogs...it feels like you've moved to Tuscany! The rate includes two meals per day, served family style, and cooked by the talented Felice. Nadia and her charming son bring drinks to each person individually and I found that, after returning home, I really missed my daily, "What do you want for drink?" from Nadia. The wine is wonderful and inexpensive and the food will make you want to move in. You will NOT go hungry here! It is a 10-15 min walk to the old center of town and along the way are incredible cafes, bars, and gelato shops. Many of the local shops make their ingredients from scratch including the pastas and gelatos so stop anywhere, you can't go wrong. If you are looking to visit the local spas or other attractions, Nadia will call ahead to make a reservation and book you a taxi. She can charge the local attractions directly to your room with no additional fee which makes everything so much easier. Nine days at Albergo Roberta made me feel like I had a whole new life and that was due in no small part to the hospitality of Nadia and Felice; they take such good care of their guests that you will never want to leave. If you go, give them a kiss from me!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the castle. There are only three and they have french doors that open to a sma...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
sarteano, Proprietario at Albergo Roberta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Our dear friend ... YOU ARE WONDERFUL !!!! Really working with you and the other of the "Workshop group" it's each year better, but the guests like you make our work better and better !!!
Thanks so much for your beautiful reviews and we hope to see you SOON or AS SOON AS YOU CAN !!!
Kiss
schenectady, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I just spent a week at the Alb. Roberta. Nadia and Felice, who run the Roberta, are just about the nicest hotel owners I've ever met. They allowed me to change my reservation at the last minute without a hassle and helped arrange taxis too and from Sarteano. The food is wonderful and affordable. It's served family style which means you'll probably be offered more food than you can finish! I look forward to going back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sarteano, Proprietario at Albergo Roberta, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thanks, thanks and many thanks more !!!!
It was really a pleasure to work with you and we hope to see you AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Tuscany is a land full of wonderful things to discover and ... our italian cuisine is here for you !
Arrivederci a presto
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My friend and me stranded in the Albergo Roberta during our pilgrimage on the Via Francigena - our feet hurted, we didn´t know how to reach our next day´s destination, were hungry and exhausted. But the staff of Albergo Roberta offered us a great service, cooked a great and delicious dinner for us and worked out our route for the next day (and, I tell you, this was not a 10 minutes-work, they worked on it for about half an hour!). Also the breakfast in the next morning was delicious (cheese, ham, eggs, yoghurt, sweets, etc.). The house is very clean, WIFI was for free and we didn´t feel like typical "guests", we more felt like family members. I totally recommend the Albergo Roberta. THANKS!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sarteano, Proprietario at Albergo Roberta, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
What a pleasure to receive your review. We are very happy to have been able to offer a few hours of good relax for your tired and also a valuable aid to continue your journey that we hope it went well. We look forward to the next "milestone" in Italy, thanks for the thought and take care to you !
Nadia & Felcie
Sa Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Rooms are spacious & clean and the home cooked meals are delicious. Nadia & Felice are extremely accommodating and treat their guests like family. Sarteano is a charming city and a great location for travelling through southern Tuscany and Umbria. I just returned from my ten day stay and have already recommended it to several people.
Monica, San Jose, CA

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
horleysurrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The hotel was lovely. It was in a super location, very close to Sarteano, just walking distance in fact. Nadia, the hotel owner could not have been more helpful or friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and she really helped us to move around as we had a friend's wedding to attend and had to be on time. I would definitely go back. Location is super and value for money is spot on. Do hire a car for this region though as taxis are expensive - well much more so than London anyway!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Albergo Roberta? Share your experiences!