There is no question that Caminino is a charming and very special place. However, it is not quite what the pictures on the home page promise. We stayed in the Sacrestia and were not prepared for the ants, oversized centipedes and months-old cobwebs we had to share with. The furniture was at best rustique with a distinct smoke bouquet from the open fire place. Some might argue they were worn out and past last expiry date.
It's all part of the charm and as long as you are prepared, it's still a very unique experience. But it is not quite what the home page pictures promise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pieve di Caminino is a former XIth century monastery in the countryside of south Tuscany, owned and managed since 1872 by a family of Florentine architects. Authentic boutique hospitality in seven charming suites, sharing a 500 hectares 1.500 acres)fenced panoramic private property, with centenary olive grove, vineyard, cork tree forest, park with ponds and pool facing the suggestive Montemassi castle. Pieve di Caminino is not - and does not want to be - a luxury hotel: in order to respect all the authentic atmosphere of an original countryside XIth century property , our suites do not have TVs and telephones, because our guests prefer sipping wine in front of a gleaming fireplace or watching a stunning Tuscan sunset disappear into the Caminino olive groves, enjoying all of nature's bounty and beauty. (Wi-Fi free internet is however available). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Historical Resort Pieve di Caminino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Resort Pieve Di Caminino Hotel Roccatederighi
- Historical Resort Pieve Di Caminino Italy/Roccatederighi, Tuscany