Returned to Badia after staying in 2011. Just as amazing. Grounds need to be seen to be believed. We again stayed in the Granery apartment which I think for the size (can sleep 5-6 and there were 4 of us) is a great deal. Looks out onto the garden, has outside dining area, full kitchen. staff is friendly and helpful. Dinner at their restaurant was maybe the best dinner we had in 15 nights in Italy. Highlight for all 4 of us was taking the cooking class w/ the chef. About 5 1/2 hrs making panzanella, gnochi, vegetable stock, zuchinni flowers, potatoes, braised chicken and desert. And we got to eat it w/ wine! Not cheap but worth every euro.He gave us the recioes so we can try to recreate back home. Badia is also close to many other sights/towns in Chianti. We hope to make the trip to Badia at least a semi annual event. This year we didnt do their breakfast but instead cooked in all 4 mornings. Also made dinner 2/4 nights. Picked up food in the towns we visited. It also doesnt hurt their wine is delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history. Guests can rest and relax in the magnificent italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. At 650 metres above sea level summers are temeprate and the villa naturally cool in the evenings. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop., Facilities for house guests include internet point and 10% reduction on all meals taken at our restaurant, or enrolment in a day cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany