Breathtaking tuscan view due to the high elevation of the hotel.
This is an above average agriturismo, a common theme I have found is to have excellent rooms and marginal wine, but Coltibuono's wine is fantastic.
We made reservations at the restaurant and were ecstatic with the meal, great choices, friendly and professional wait staff.
My Dad/Step-mom wisely chose to stay longer and attend the tour over fighting tourists in Pisa this trip. Thank you to the tour guide for driving in on her day off to give us a personal tour!
Fabulous tuscan renaissance garden, very well designed and maintained.
I live in southern Italy and forgot my pillow because most hotel pillows are sub par - and was delightfully surprised - their bedding was superb. Attention to detail.
Little/no cell reception in my room, but free wifi in the office on first floor, and cell reception outside.
Enjoy the history, bring an old/cool book to donate to your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history. Guests can rest and relax in the magnificent italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. At 650 metres above sea level summers are temeprate and the villa naturally cool in the evenings. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop., Facilities for house guests include internet point and 10% reduction on all meals taken at our restaurant, or enrolment in a day cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany