Beautiful abbey, full of history but with all modern comforts; an excellent restaurant; great, no, fantastic cookery school with Andrea the chef, who patiently demonstrates and then gets everyone to join in, shows you new skills and techniques, and then you get to eat what you have prepared, this is the way forward for school!
Everyone here makes you immediately feel welcome, at ease and most of all at home. Peaceful, delightful, and the bonus is they make superb wines and olive oils, the whole place is simply stunning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history. Guests can rest and relax in the magnificent italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. At 650 metres above sea level summers are temeprate and the villa naturally cool in the evenings. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop., Facilities for house guests include internet point and 10% reduction on all meals taken at our restaurant, or enrolment in a day cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany