This is a must try if you have not stayed in a historical bldg before. This place feels like a castle when we step and and all the furniture and walkway makes u feel like u are in a museum!
Parking is free but you need to drive thru some small lanes to reach this magical place. We reached at night so thank god we had gps. The housekeeper was very nice to leave a note at the door for us as we arrived late at night about 10pm.
Breakfast was provided and it was served at the quaint lil breakfast room with classical music. The cakes were delicious!
We also had dinner at the restaurant (Michelin 2012 pending), euro 59 for a meal with chianti wines and olive oil 'tasting'!!!
This accom is quite near SPACE if u are into PRADA/Miu Miu.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono, ancient abbey founded by Benedectine monks at the end of 11th century, is today a charming farmhouse, in the hearth of chianti classico, surrounded by 800 hectares of forest. The ancient monastic cells were converted into 8 comfortable double rooms, each one with its own character, furnished with style furniture. A piece of heaven in chianti classico area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.