This is a must try if you have not stayed in a historical bldg before. This place feels like a castle when we step and and all the furniture and walkway makes u feel like u are in a museum!
Parking is free but you need to drive thru some small lanes to reach this magical place. We reached at night so thank god we had gps. The housekeeper was very nice to leave a note at the door for us as we arrived late at night about 10pm.
Breakfast was provided and it was served at the quaint lil breakfast room with classical music. The cakes were delicious!
We also had dinner at the restaurant (Michelin 2012 pending), euro 59 for a meal with chianti wines and olive oil 'tasting'!!!
This accom is quite near SPACE if u are into PRADA/Miu Miu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history. Guests can rest and relax in the magnificent italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. At 650 metres above sea level summers are temeprate and the villa naturally cool in the evenings. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop., Facilities for house guests include internet point and 10% reduction on all meals taken at our restaurant, or enrolment in a day cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany