Stayed 5 nights w/ another couple in Old Granary apartment. Had priced vacational rentals and similar type properties and we are very glad we stayed at Badia. Place is beautiful, quiet and convenient to almost anything in Chianti. Staff (we dealt mostly w/ Silvia) extremely friendly and helpful. Badia is former monastery converted into B & B. Grounds-garden, pool,Old Church, wine cellars all spectactular. Our apartment had 2 br's we didnt use. very large living room, outdoor patio were we ate 3 meals. Full kitchen. We cooked 3 nights. Dinner at their restaurant was the best dinner I had in 2 weeks in Italy. I had the tasting menu. Did the wine tour. I can now see why people spend weeks in Tuscany. Badia is located in heart of Chianti. Its a very short drive to about anywhere. Siena is a straight shot down the road. We bought groceries in Siena and also in Rada. Barone Ricasola winery worth the visit. Remember most wineries want you to call in advance. Breakfast was full of pasteries, fruit, meats, cheeses etc. very very good. On sight computer room if need to stay connected. We had washer in our apartment. One of the nicest places Ive ever stayed when you factor in where you are. Rooms not opulent but very nice and decent size by European standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history. Guests can rest and relax in the magnificent italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. At 650 metres above sea level summers are temeprate and the villa naturally cool in the evenings. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop., Facilities for house guests include internet point and 10% reduction on all meals taken at our restaurant, or enrolment in a day cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany