Mu husband & I just returned from a 2 week trip to Italy. Top on our bucket list was a return after several years to the beautiful Borgo Argenina. Not only were we not disappointed - we only fell more in love with this lovely "home away from home". After an extremely difficult and long trip to Rome with several plane cancellations, lost luggage and more we arrived at Borgo Argenina on a cold rainy night totally exhausted and hungry. Elena greeted us at the door with a familiar hug and announced she had prepared dinner for us to share with her so we didn't have to go back out. What a blessing. After a delightful dinner served in the her warm, cozy kitchen -as she calls it -"the heart of my home"- and several glasses of wine - we finally relaxed. This is one of the reasons we originally fell in love with this place - ELENA!!! The beauty of the surrounding area, the peacefulness and close proximity to so many small towns and Florence make this a wonderful starting point to many day adventures. Be sure not to miss her cooking class. It's actually a fun get together with others staying at the B&B and a great opportunity to share experiences and meet new friends. The wine flows and so does the laughter. And what a memorable meal!! I now have a new #1 on my "bucket list" - to return AGAIN to the beauty of Borgo Argenina and all it has to offer - especially our dear Elena. Thank you for such a treasure of delightful memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the private villas at Borgo Argenina in Tuscany, Italy When Milanese fashion designer Elena Nappa discovered the rundown Borgo Argenina in Tuscany's Chianti region, she undertook an ambitious project. Not only did she restore the buildings that house the bed-and-breakfast, she purchased and revived the entire hamlet the B&B resides in. Hospitality is warm, accommodations are few (one double, two suites and three private villas) and décor is delicious thanks to the combination of local artisans and Nappa's talents. Terracotta floors and exposed beam ceilings provide the framework for modest, old-fashioned interiors adorned with painted wrought-iron beds, linen curtains embroidered in traditional Florentine style and quilts and cushions handmade by Nappa. Adding to the exclusive personalized experience are Nappa's recommendations for wine tours, area attractions and activities, such as cooking classes with the owner herself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Borgo Argenina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Argenina b&b
- Borgo Argenina Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Borgo Argenina Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany