We stayed at Castello di Spaltenna for 10 nights in August and can not fault the level of service we received from any member of staff.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the views from the terrace stunning.
We had 4 rooms in the block near the indoor pool, there were 3 other rooms in our block, am not sure how many in the main section of the hotel.
The rooms are all very spacious with comfortable beds and air conditioning. They are cleaned every day by a very lovely and efficient lady. Unfortunately, there were some rather inconsiderate guests staying in the room above ours who very noisy late into the night but this could not taint our stay.
The bathrooms are a very good size, with a shower over the bath and the usual complimentary toiletries. The towels are replaced every day and pool towels are also provided.
The outdoor pool is not heated, but isn't too cold and there are plenty of sunbeds available.
We ate at the hotel restaurant two nights, it is expensive but the food is superb and worth the cost.
The lunch menu on the terrace is very reasonable priced, the sandwiches are really for two to share as they come with chips and even the salads can be comfortably split between two people. There is a good selection of breakfast foods, different cereals, breads, cheeses and meats.
Every single member of staff was polite, well presented and eager to help. We could not fault their service.
The only 'bad' thing was so minor it could not affect our vote; some of the sunbeds need adjusting, the sunshades are a little loose on some.
We would not hesitate to recommend Castello di Spaltenna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The castle has 37 rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, offering any possible comfort and a wonderful view over the valley or the cloister. The inside is comfortable and elegant and the sophisticated atmosphere is completed with sought-after fabrics and accessories. From the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape; here are the swimming-pools: one outdoor pool and one indoor pool heated during coldest months. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Escapio so you can book your Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany