Wow what an amazing experience! We arrived on a rainy day which we were a bit disappointed about - thankfully our stay at the Castello made up for it. We were given a fabulous welcome. Check in was efficient and we were upgraded to a large room with a jacuzzi which was fantastic. The room was beautifully decorated with wooden beams a large bathroom with double sinks lots of storage area, high definition TV and a huge and comfortable bed and free wi-fi. The view from our room was also fabulous despite it raining.
Our first mistake save for only booking one night and not arriving as soon as we could check in, was not bringing our swimming clothes as there was a free heated indoor as well as an outdoor cinema with a sauna and also a gym on site. There is also loads to do here - looking around the castle and the wine shop, mountain biking, horse riding and tennis as well as being close to Gaiole itself.
Our other mistake was having a large lunch before we arrived which meant that we were so full at dinner we could only have a few courses at the Castello's restaurant. The food we did try was phenomenal, and service was superb! The restaurant is recommended by Michelin and I have no idea why it has not yet got a star or two. The quality of the food was outstanding - some courses far surpassed similar dishes we've had at three Michelin star restaurants. The food is expensive but in terms of quality is definitely worth it.
Breakfast was the best we had on our trip a great spread. Some of the best scrambled eggs we've ever had on our travels, lots of meats and delicious cheeses. Fruit, cakes and yoghurt.
The staff were all fabulous. Attentive and friendly and they even opened the church especially so we could have a look. Giulio served us at breakfast and dinner and was fantastic as was the lovely lady sommelier we had answered all our questions.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel
- Castello Di Spaltenna Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The castle has 37 rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, offering any possible comfort and a wonderful view over the valley or the cloister. The inside is comfortable and elegant and the sophisticated atmosphere is completed with sought-after fabrics and accessories. From the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape; here are the swimming-pools: one outdoor pool and one indoor pool heated during coldest months. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Castello di Spaltenna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.