“Wonderful stay in Gaiole” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa

You added Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Spaltenna, 13 | Località Pieve di Spaltenna, 53013 Gaiole in Chianti, Italy   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“Wonderful stay in Gaiole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Castello di Spaltenna for five wonderful nights. It was incredible. We had a suite at the top of the main building. It was really nice. The view was beyond belief. We loved everything about our stay in Gaiole. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, Great selection of wonderful food and drinks including Prosecco with orange juice. The staff here is great very nice and extremely helpful. It was still warm enough for us to eat outside in the morning absolutely magical.
The room had wonderful products, lots of towels etc. We had a late evening swim in the indoor pool, fantastic! It was a little cold to swim in the outdoor pool, but it looked beautiful. The wine and gift shop was lovely featuring local Chianti and ceramics made on site.
I hope someday to visit this enchanted place again.

Room Tip: The room we had was what they call a junior suite. It had a lot of room with a seating area and a la...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AmedeoEsposito, Direttore generale at Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear "154974Janet",

I have no words to thank you for your generous and genuine comments. Our priority has always been exceeding our customers expectations and it makes us feel so good over and over again when we receive such positive feedback.

We'll see you soon and looking forward to welcoming you again at the Castello di Spaltenna.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nesconset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed two nights and we were in love with the hotel. Service and food were superb. One server in particular, Emily, was amazing. She seemed to be there for every need whether it was clean silverware or more coffee.
While hotel room was a bit small, it was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect , within easy travel to several wonderful wineries. I would highly recommend Livernano Winery. The woman who helped us was friendly and informative.
The setting was everything you could imagine of Tuscany and more. The mist covered hills and vineyards in the morning, the tall cypress trees ling the driveway and scattered about the property, or the stone house scattered among the hills. Truly a dream location. I agree with Jeanne S-the only thing wrong was our stay was to short.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AmedeoEsposito, Direttore generale at Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear "sxmdg",

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is the fantastic team that I am lucky to have here, including the name you mentioned, that make Spaltenna a very special place to work and for our guests to stay in.

I have passed on your very kind words to them and I hope that we will have the chance to meet your expectations again in the very near future.

My kindest regards,

Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent 3 nights here in early September. We arrived a little late (after dark) and stressed from driving, but the staff swept us in and quickly seated us at candle-lit table set with china and linens in a beautiful courtyard, around a charming stone well. A glass of wine and dinner al fresco was just what we needed! Our friends were in the suite next door, and both rooms were lovely, yet different, complete with fireplaces and beamed ceilings. Baths were spacious & spotless. Two weddings took place in the chapel while we were there, and they were so charming, we couldn't leave our windows! The breakfasts were served on a pretty umbrella shaded terrace overlooking a rolling valley. This is a perfect home base for exploring Chianti - if you can make yourselves leave this beautiful place!

Room Tip: We saw several room interiors and all were different, yet lovely and still related. Some bathrooms w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit to the Castello di Spaltenna. We do take great pride in looking after our guests and are a very dedicated team so I am delighted that you found us accommodating and helpful.

Our rooms are very individual and beautifully appointed and do we try to meet our guests needs so I am pleased you felt that.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who appreciate our guests taking the time to write.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home on your next visit to Italy.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,

Thundersley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wonderful, excellent food and wine at reasonable prices, will definitely return and have recommended it to many people. Cannot rate this hotel enough. The area itself is very quite and you have to expect to drive from place to place, but I would expect anyone travelling to this area to expect that. Definitely eat at the restaurant, it was a gastronomical treat, I only wish we had stayed a bit longer :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lorrilee27,

Thank you so much for taking time and writing such a glowing review on trip advisor

I really appreciate all of your comments and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well.

I will share your comments with all of my team and make sure we will continue our good efforts of customer service.

Do let me know of any future visits to Italy and Tuscany and I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.

Best regards

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recently had a two day visit at this lovely property.Service and food was excellent.Emily was most gracious.Our only wish was that our stay was longer.Would recommend to family and friends.Visited local towns and winerys.About 30 minute drive to Sienna.Beautiful church on premises.Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Many steps on property.
Dear Jeanne S,

Thank you so much for your time and great review. It is always such a pleasure to read the reviews our guest leave on tripadvisor.

It shows us we all doing a great job and our service is of high standards at all times.

I am so glad all went well on your last stay at the Spaltenna.

I would like you to welcome you back to Castello di Spaltenna on your next trip to Italy and Chianti, please let me know and I am happy to help you with the reservation.

Wishing you all the best

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I would like to thank all of the staff at this wonderful hotel for a fantastic stay. We satyed for 6 nights in October. The hotel is beautifully situated in an old castle. Nothing was too much trouble, hotel spotless and faultless. I understand other reviewers comments about the rooms. Obviously the layout is dictated by the fact that the hotel is in an old building. Our room was modestly sized but perfectly good for my wife and I as well as my bike and bike box, suitcases etc. The views from the room more than made up for any size issues! A great place to stay, cannot reccommend more highly. Thank you.

Dear TallulahScotland,

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can't express how special this place is. The castle is gorgeous, the views are insanely beautiful, the food was one of the best we've ever had and the service was outstanding. We brought home a few bottles of their wine which is wonderful too. So, first off we drove from FCO airport into Chianti and the drive is spectacular, the classic rolling hills after rolling hills of lush green hills and vineyard after vineyard. Castle down the road to your right and to your left. I can't describe it well enough and my pictures will never do it justice!!! Anyway, we arrived and parked in the gravel parking lot below then walked up to the castle. We ended up walking into the wine shop and having a tasting because we thought it was reception! WHen we found out it was in the main castle we just decided to stay for a minute and try their fantastic wine. Did not disappoint. We checked in with the gracious young woman at the front desk who upgraded our room do to availability. We went in the beginning of the off season (Sept. 26) we were only able to stay for one night which we regret! She made us a dinner reservation for the hotel restaurant and had the adorable bell boy/does everything else too bring our luggage up to our room in the castle. Room 4 was all ours and we really liked it. The bed was comfy and the sheets were fine, the bathroom was beautiful. We had a canopy bed that was lovely, and the view from the window by the bed was perfect. I will include some photos, as the experience is hard to describe. It's an old castle so it has that old scent to it, which I like, and it feels authentic in every way. Dinner was in the dining room, I was hoping to sit in the courtyard like in other photos but maybe due to offseason they have people in the dining room. Dining room was very elegant. The food and wine were OUTSTANDING!!!!! I am a vegetarian and they had options for me that were wonderful and my husband is a definite meat eater. We are both very particular and hard critics and we loved our meal. Then we sat in the lovely courtyard after dinner and finished our bottle of wine from the gift shop. I just felt like I had gone back in time. Breakfast was included and it was TOP NOTCH, everything they make seems to be from their own property, the wine, the olive oil, the vegetables, I don't know what else for sure but I can tell you everything is extremely fresh!!!! Thick wonderful fresh hot chocolate in the morning with meats and cheeses and fruits, pastries, I can go on and on. Anyway, we walked the grounds after showering in the rain shower shower (wonderful). We felt so invigorated and refreshed. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Heidi,

Thank you for your amazing review!!! You are now employed at the Castello di Spaltenna! :-) :-)

It is great to see that you were impressed by the service you received. I appreciate your comments regarding your satisfaction and i will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with my team. Grazie Grazie!!!

All of us at the Castello di Spaltenna look forward to welcoming you back here. If ever I can be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards.

Castello di Spaltenna

Been to Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!