Hotel location is stunning with views over the valley. Appears to be quite remote on website photos but is actually walking distance from small town of Gaiole in Chianti so convenient if you don't want to eat in the hotel (which is very good but top-end prices so good to have an alternative). Only complaint was some quite noisy guests - hotel seems to be popular with American tour groups so the tranquil Tuscan atmosphere didn't always extend to the pool and terrace areas (would think twice if you are booking as a honeymoon location). There is also a 10 euro per person per day charge for sports facilities which does actually include the swimming pool - the website does mention it but we just assumed that was only for gym use, bike hire etc. Don't be put off by "the annex" referred to on the website - we stayed there and it's a beautiful building with old roof beams, tiled floor and 4-poster bed - one of the rooms also has it's own separate terrace. Overall a beautiful hotel and setting with friendly, helpful staff and when it's quiet, it's perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The castle has 37 rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, offering any possible comfort and a wonderful view over the valley or the cloister. The inside is comfortable and elegant and the sophisticated atmosphere is completed with sought-after fabrics and accessories. From the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape; here are the swimming-pools: one outdoor pool and one indoor pool heated during coldest months. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany