Overall this is a nice hotel:
- good location to discover the Chianti region and pretty villages
- beautiful building, old watermill that has been rehabilitated, charming bedrooms
- small hotel
- nice pool
- welcoming staff (except on our last day)
- excellent and beautiful restaurant
The hotel is quite close from the road but you can barely hear it as the building is hidden in the middle of a forest, which is really nice.
We were however a bit disappointed by a couple of details:
- the bed was not comfortable and would definitly be worth replacing
- rooms are not very soundproof and we could hear the neighboors from the next room
- the area around the pool was dirty (plastic bags and bottles, packs of cigarettes, etc.) and was not clean for 3 days we stayed there
- the AC system in the room was either not working or way too weak; it was warmer in the bedroom then outside; however opening the window was not an option as the area is full of mosquitoes. I read that another guest had suggested nets on the windows, this sounds like a wise suggestion.
The receptionnist kindly gave us a fan instead but it would not replace an AC system obviously.
- on our last day we had to leave early (7.15am); as breakfast was not to be served before 8, we asked whether it would be possible to get a little snack before we leave (fruit / yogurt / biscuits, or anything that would not require preparation from the staff). The receptionnist told us it was impossible so we did not plan for any extra time. Now when we left the building most of the breakfast was already available. If we had known we would have planned for 10 more minutes to get something.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
First of all we want to thank you for the beautiful words about Ultimo Mulino.
Report response as inappropriate
We are sorry that the bed was not enough comfortable for you, we have all new beds this year and sometimes they can bu a bit too much tough.
Regarding the swimming pool, we clean it outside and inside every day, but in the peak season it can be difficcult to keep clean it all day long, we improve the service, thank you for your advice!
For the breakfast I think that there was a misunderstanding, because we are used to prepare something before the official time of breakfast service for everyone asks us because of an early check out. I am very sorry that you didn't take the chance to ask something to eat directly the breakfast staff!
Hoping to have you again as guests soon in future,
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.