“A home away from home (but with better food)” 5 of 5 stars

You added Borgo Lecchi B&B to your Saves list
Borgo Lecchi B&B
Via San Martino 50 | Lecchi in Chianti, 53013 Gaiole in Chianti, Italy   |
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A home away from home (but with better food)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have travelled extensively for both work and pleasure and have been to many different places. But I can honestly say that I have never felt quite so welcome and at home as at this little B&B.

The owners, Anna and Morgaro, will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay and they are doing a mighty fine job! He has worked as a chef before starting his own B&B. So make sure your stay includes a home cooked dinner – you’re in for a treat! I am a vegetarian but Morgaro cooked me special meals during 2 occasions and they were wonderful.
Breakfast is equally enchanting and includes everything one could possibly dream of, plus Morgaro’s super apple pie and a great cappuccino! ☺

We stayed in a nice room on the 1st floor with a loft that gave access to a great little terrace with an amazing view of the Chianti countryside. Initially we planned on staying 2 nights but we ended up staying 3 because we loved it so much. The surrounding area is great for hiking and exploring cities and towns such as Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano etc etc. I can recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Borgolecchi B, Proprietario at Borgo Lecchi B&B, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you very much for your estimate about Borgolecchi on Tripadvisor.
I hope that your trip to home it was good.
Now, in Lecchi is a beautiful time and the new wine it's ready.

I'm so happy if you want come back here.
I wish you remember that next year we have a swiming-pool for our guest.

Good luck for your life and see you soon.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

So welcoming. I am here for a few days with a friend to cycle. We were welcomed by the hosts in such a gracious manner. They have been so helpful and accomodaing, I feel as if I am visiting my family. I have a spectacular room with a view of the countryside, it is clean, and has a beautiful terrace. The food is like home cooked food but better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Borgolecchi B, Proprietario at Borgo Lecchi B&B, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your review.
When we read this one, we are very happy because our work is correct.
We wish that our guest see a good memory from us.
We are going to do one's best.
Thanks again and see you soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great place to stay. The owners are wonderful hosts. I stayed there for a bike trip. Borgolecchi is very comfortable, clean and authentic. Lecchi is a beautiful little town near Gaiole in Chianti and is very scenic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Borgolecchi B, Proprietario at Borgo Lecchi B&B, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Wes,

thank you very much for your estimate about B&B Borgolecchi.

I'm so happy if you will want come back here.
I can say you that next year you will find a swiming-pool.

Good luck for your life.
Best Anna e Morgaro
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Arrived home last night and I wanted to post this right away. What a wonderful, warm place to get away from it all. The owners work very hard to make you feel at home, and have succeeded. The rooms are clean and have amazing views. Breakfast includes fresh baked Muffins. Wifi so you're only as far away as you want to be. This is a 10 out of 10, AAA do not miss spot. I will return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Morris,

thank you very much for your estimate about Borgolecchi on Tripadvisor.
I hope that your trip to home it was good.
Now, in Lecchi is a beautiful time and we continue to work until november.

I'm so happy if you want come back here.

Good luck for your life and see you soon.
Playa Ocotal, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I recently was on a holiday in the Chianti region of Tuscany and I was staying in a villa in Lecchi. Through Facebook I realized I had a friend who was also visiting at the same time. We decided to meet and she needed a place to sleep. I saw Borgo Lecchi B&B in town and suggested she stay there. What a great decision. We were met by Ana who was most welcoming. Her hospitality was as warm to me as it was to my friend who was the guest. We were both offered cappuccinos as soon as we walked in. And the next morning I was also treated to coffee and a quick bite to eat before our early departure for the airport in Pisa. My friends room was so adorable with a lovely staircase up to a roof-top terrace overlooking the gorgeous Chianti vineyards. The price was also very reasonable. I will go back there on a future trip to Italy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Borgolecchi B, Proprietario at Borgo Lecchi B&B, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Coco,

thank you very much for your estimate about Borgolecchi, and your beautiful photo.
It' s first time that we have estimate from a person that don't sleep in Borgolecchi.
I'm so happy if you will want come back here.
I can say you that next year we have a swiming-pool for our guest.

Good luck for your life.
Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

The hospitality of Borgo Lecchi oozes from the moment you enter the town. I randomly picked the "apartment" room at the Borgo which has a modest dining room, kitchen and separate bath/bed. The breathtaking view from the apartment overlooks a classic Chianti valley, perfect for waking up early and inhaling the spirits of Italy. Paolo and his enoteca are the beehive of the town, serving up morning coffee & pastry in addition to traditional tuscan fare for an afternoon snack.

Room Tip: The apartment offers extra privacy and more room, but doesn't get any wifi or 3G signal.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

The town of Lecchi-in Chianti is quaint, central and off the beaten track. The borgo was comfortable and charming, with a great kitchen and stunning views of the countryside. But what made our stay terrific was the service. Paolo and his staff treated us as if we were members of the family, making us feel welcome and well-taken care of. A real unique opportunity to experience authentic Tuscan life.

Room Tip: Make sure you pick up some Castello di Amo wine from Paolo's enoteca.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Borgo Lecchi B&B? Share your experiences!