Some friends recommended Torre di Ponzano and they were right. We stayed with Sonny and Alba for six nights in September 2012 and it was definitely a highlight of our month in Italy. The location is peaceful, quiet, and beautiful, and it was easy to make day trips to any part of Tuscany. The property is wonderful; we loved the large deluxe room above the entry area. Sonny and Alba were a delight and very helpful. Be aware that it is a self-catering property, i.e. if you want to have food at the farm you'll need to use the mini-kitchen in your room to make your own coffee, etc. At that point in our trip we needed to just relax a bit, so we spent our first day just lounging in and by the pool, enjoying the view. If you're comfortable driving in Tuscany, this is a great base camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone house built on top of a hill with a marvelous view over the Chianti hills. Easily reachable (only 4.5 Km from the exit Barberino on the main road connection between Florence and Siena). Many typical Tuscan Restaurants near by. We can arrange wine tasting and visit to the cellars of different farms. The central location of our property will allow you not only to visit Florence, Siena and San Gimignano (which are only 30 minute away by car) but also to visit Pisa and Lucca - on the north of Tuscany - and Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano - on the south of Tuscany - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area - Tuscany - reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Italy/Barberino Val D'Elsa