“Fantastic Cooking Class” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kirkland, Washington
“Fantastic Cooking Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We were welcomed into the kitchen by Patrizia and Massimo. We had a great time making pasta from scratch. Patrizia took us out to the garden to gather fresh basil. The class was very entertaining, and we all learned something new. One of the highlights of our trip to Tuscany. We can't wait to try out the recipes at home. I would highly recommend this class. It was a delightful afternoon!

Visited August 2011

Bucharest, Romania
“harmony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

A perfect place made by great people !
To understand that you have to visit it !

Visited July 2011
Huntington Beach, California
“The highlight of a 5-week stay in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband who never steps foot in the kitchen fried eggplant, rolled out pasta dough, and made pesto. He loved every minute of it as did the rest of us! Patrizia and Massimo and are most warm and so welcoming. They open their home for these classes. Finishing off the class with the food we made (and wine of course!) with Patrizia and Massimo was the best. Not only did we learn so much about Italian traditional cooking, (very hands on) but also the Tuscan culture. The laughs didn't stop the entire time we were there. The next week we came back for have dinner (not cooked by us). It was fantastic and we were so happy to again laugh and learn more culture from these two wonderful, wonderful people. The food fabulous. We left feeling like we had made new friends. Don't miss this. We will be back next year.

Debbie & Charlie
Huntington Beach, CA

Visited May 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
“Cooking with Patrizia and Massimo - A Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband, our 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Castello della Paneretta for a week at the beginning of July and had just a fabulous time! One of the absolute highlights of the trip were the two cooking classes that I attended with Massimo and Patrizia! What a wonderful souvenir to bring home the ability to make fresh pasta, tiramisu, ravioli, Florentine steak, cantucci (biscotti), pesto and more! I truly left with a wealth of knowledge and a philosophy for cooking regional food. My daughter attended the second cooking class and loved it! What a special time for us. The 'family style' dinners are amazing! We will definitely be back!

Visited July 2011
Huntington Beach, California
5 attraction reviews
“One of the highlights of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you enjoy Italian cuisine, why not learn how to prepare it? I'm not a fan of the kitchen but I went with my husband, who is the cook in this family, and I found myself having so much fun and eager to return to our kitchen to make yummy food! We didn't want to go to a "culinary school" but instead we were wanted to learn from a traditional Italian homemaker and we were so pleased to have found this gem on Trip Advisor. It was a fabulous experience and a great value learning in someone's beautiful Tuscan villa! This is my most favorite "souvenir" of our trip because it's the gift that will keep on giving! Patrizia and Massimo taught us dishes that not only were delicious but they taught us how we can enhance them by simply changing some ingredients. For instance, grilled eggplant bruschetta which we can substitute with porcini mushrooms or zucchini, etc. The custard filling for the tiramisu can be used on pies, tarts, etc. We're so excited to share what we learned with our friends and family!

Here's a link to my trip report which includes photos of the amazing dishes we prepared.

Visited May 2011