“Italian heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Battigia

You added Hotel La Battigia to your Saves list
Hotel La Battigia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lungomare La Battigia | Alcamo Marina, 91011 Alcamo, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alcamo
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Italian heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This Hotel was pure heaven. The rooms are clean, the large double beds particularly comfortable and the staff friendly. The close proximity of the beach and lovely clean pool makes it very special. My only criticism would be the showers in the rooms which didn't seem to have any water pressure but a small price to pay for an otherwise perfect stay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best as more airy if you prefer no air con and brighter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Venice, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a two room adjoining suite with double beds because I was traveling with friends. We are all adults who fully expected two regular adjoining hotel rooms. What we got was ONE room with an adjoining door to a room which led to the bathroom in which they had placed a single bed. So the unfortunate person (me) who got the single bed had no privacy and interrupted sleep due to the other people in the party going to the bathroom during the night. There were no outlets so I had to use the bathroom outlet to charge my iPad and laptop and no lighting except for the sconce on the wall near the entrance to the room. I went to reception and told them this was unacceptable and that I would not pay for the room until this was resolved. The next day I was given a separate room (for 2 nights and was told on the 3rd night I would have to go back to the original room). I informed the hotel that I would be checking out the third night, which I did. Other reviewers have said the rooms are clean but I did not find that to be the case. There was old mold in the grouting in the shower and sand on the floor from previous guests. The sand wasn't from me because I didn't go to the beach. The second night in the new room I spotted (to my horror) what was either a big cockroach or beetle crawling across my pillow, there was plaster coming off the wall in the hall and the food in the restaurant is over seasoned and practically inedible. This hotel rates itself as a 4* hotel ... it is 3* at best. I booked this hotel based on reviews on TripAdvisor and I noticed a TripAdvisor plaque on the window. After this experience I wonder just how discriminating TripAdvisor is in awarding these plaques and I wonder about the reliability of the other reviews.

Room Tip: If you want a good room don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
labattigia, Direttore at Hotel La Battigia, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Mrs CBeach,
We always read all reviews of our guests and we always try to do all possible to make more agreeable than we can their stay here. For this reason since the first time you wrote to us we’ve explained to you exactly how the room is composed and we’ve informed you also about the surface of it. On our website there’s the photogallery of our Hotel and a virtual tour by that people can enter in our rooms.
When you came in, you were disappointed about the room so we proposed to you a solution that you agreed.
In your first room you had two outlets in the area where you slept. It was not necessary to charge your laptop or Ipad in the bathroom.
It is strange that you didn’t say to us anything about “a big cockroach or beetle crawling across your pillow” … or “not yours” sand on the ground of your room. You were so precise during your stay telling us what you weren’t enjoying in our Hotel. Just to precise, we have no problem with plaster coming out from the wall of our hall. Another thing so strange that we would ask you is: you say that our food in the restaurant is "over seasoned and practically inedible. If so, why did you eat here every night “à la carte”?
Usually we receive good feedbacks for our restaurant and cleaning service as you can see in other reviews published on Tripadvisor and other opinion websites.
We know also that it is impossible to satisfy all people. Nothing and noone is perfect.
We respect all reviews and we are very sorry to receive bad feedback by our guests over all when it is tendentious and detrimental for our image and our job taht we make with attention and devotion.
Thanking you for your feedback,
Regards
The Manager
Aarau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Looking for a place to stay near Palermo ?. Then you are right here in Hotel La Battigia. The Hotel is nice, clean and has a wonderful pool and beach area. I you can choose a room, so take one overlooking on the seaside. The ones on the "street side" may be a bit loud.
The staff is just gorgeous! Always friendly and very helpful with anything you need. The food tastes fantastic and I can't wait to go back next year to this lovely place.
Thanks’ to the whole team that you made our stay so memorable!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are a bit noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay outside of Palermo and found this hotel because it had free parking.
We stayed there 3 nights on April 2013.
The hotel is very nice, very clean, bright a large room with a bakcony over looking the beach and the see.

The stuff is very welcoming and eager to help you with what ever you need and also advices for trips around.
the breakfast is OK, regular , nothing much to say.
it's perfect hotel for a vacation near the beach but if you want to tour around like we did, then I would choose a better location, closer to Palermo.
There is nothing near the hotel, no restaurants or shops

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Caspar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff greeted us like lost family, showed us a beautiful room, and we felt great. Dinner was good -- not great -- but we didn't have to leave the hotel. Walking on the endless beach was lovely. I imagine in season -- we were there in October, 2011 (but TripAdvisor won't let me review so long ago) and had the beach to ourselves. Very easy access to the airport from here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Clean rooms, nice pool and restaurant. You need a car as there isn't much around here. We stayed for one night on our way back to the airport. The beach here is attractive and large - you can walk a long way in either direction and it was quite quiet at the end of September. A small hotel with good service.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony facing the sea. The road-side rooms are darker.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
florence
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Staying at La Battigia was a wonderful experience,although arriving at the end of January to plummiting temperatures, high north winds and very rough seas our welcome to the hotel was as warm as a summer's day.Great staff, a great room (sea view at extra cost but worth it) and excellent food.In the restaurant Francesco and Salvatore went out of their way to be helpful.
Location wise, it is close to many pretty places and towns ( a hire car is necessary) .Maybe a trip should be planned in warmer weather, but we felt that the part of the island we managed to see,was an exclusive for us,as very few visitors were around.

Room Tip: There is no lift,but only one flight of stairs.The sea view rooms are at an added cost.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Battigia? Share your experiences!