I was with the group that detracted from the previous reviewer's experience of this hotel. Sorry! We were not a noisy bunch in general - some 170 orienteerers on Sicily for 5 races throughout last week. We got what we paid for, but nothing to be enthusiastic about. The hotel staff were friendly, the rooms tidy (but with little closet space). Breakfast and supper (we were on half board) were less than sensational. The breakfast buffet suffered from a lack of fresh bread and quality cereal. Guest had to stand in line for several minutes to get a cup of coffee from a dispenser, and the line blocked the way to the other drinks and the cereal. Plenty of cakes, but who wants cakes in the morning? All the same, we enjoyed the top-floor view of the sea and the ancient ruins. Supper: standard fodder for a large group when there is no chef that takes his work seriously in the kitchen. The waiters seemed not quite up to the challenge of dealing with so many guests, but then this was also the butt end of the season. Luckily, there was an inexpensive and unassuming but good restaurant around the corner. There is a really good sandy beach just 5 minutes from the hotel, and a waterfront with cosy cafés and bars. Marinella is not a crowded place at this time of year and a good place to stay in the autumn. The hotel advertises 4-star standard. Those stars must be self-awarded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Admeto, an elegant, recently-built four star hotel in Marinella di Selinunte, equipped with the latest technology, overlooks the Mediterranean Sea from its panoramic location, with a magnificent, picturesque view of the coast that is quite unique.Located in a magical, warm and colourful environment, reminiscent of the fishermen's villages of former times, The Hotel Admeto will make your stay in Sicily truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Admeto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Admeto Hotel Marinella Di Selinunte
- Hotel Admeto Sicily, Italy