Like many people who stopped in May, this was a travelzoo special all inclusive deal so it was around the £400 mark. The Hotel overlooks the pool, with the dining area and small bar adjacent.
Everything was clean and the staff were friendly, the rooms were comfortable. The location is around 500m from the sea and road train transport ferries guests backwards and forwards on a regular basis, though its a short walk to the beach otherwise, take a towel if you are going to sunbathe on the first bit of beach you get to, the Hotel area is another 750m further down the beach but has recliners and umbrellas.
The food was mostly Italian fare, so don't expect burger and chips, but there was a always a good choice and with free water/wine/beer I always ate well, though the amount of oil on the cooked dishes was a bit much to eat every day though there were always perfectly acceptable alternatives.
Minor gripes would be very small shower area, intermittent hot water, and half day tour consisting of being dropped off and then picked up some hours later, no wireless (though 1 PC in reception), no English speaking channels on TV, and an entertainment team wanting to encourage people to do silly things when they just want to read a book in the sun, but these are all small issues in the face of what is really a place worth visiting and exploring. Wander up the beach a mile or so and you'll see what I mean.
I liked that there was a social area, full of sofas and comfy chairs and a large TV just off from the bar, I liked that soft drinks and wine were free, I hardly took any euros and brought most back, I enjoyed the food and I liked the friendly feel of the place, I went solo and made a few friends whilst there, I liked the fact that there are only local shops and business it made it feel you really were in an unspoiled location. Also the road network is good so car hire should be an easy day out. Also this hotel seemed to put all the solo people together which was a really good idea. Another useful tip if you don't want to be entertained is that there is a more secluded sunbathing area with very comfortable seats down to the left of the stage.
The staff were friendly and helpful, but as others have said, communication was tricky sometimes, but thats really due to us lazy Brits expecting everyone to speak English.
Although the weather was good, it wasn't enough to make the sea warm enough for swimming, but would I go back when it is? Yes, Sardinia is a beautiful place and this is a good base to start to discover it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cala della Torre – Siniscola, Italy Cala della Torre village club, whose name comes from the close Sardinian tourist site, is located on the middle-eastern coast of Sardinia, surrounded by a pine forest with immense white beaches with pink nuances. The resort, totally renewed and equipped with all services, is placed in an amazing private park, just in front of the tourist little harbour, at 350 mt. from the beach “La Caletta”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Cala della Torre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cala Della Torre Siniscola
- Cala Della Torre Hotel
- Hotel Cala Della Torre Sardinia/Siniscola, Italy