Myself and my partner visited a couple of years ago, and while looking back at photos remembered that we never wrote a review!
Costa Alta IS NOT A LUXARY RESORT, but it was still an excellent experience! The location was fantastic, only a couple of train stops to Sorrento, and a 5 minute walk to the local beach, which was beautiful and relatively free from tourists. I would not recommend this beach to people who have trouble walking up and down hill though.
The 'Hut' that we where staying in was self catering (which seeing as we where on a budget was perfect due to the lovely local grocery shops near by, letting us experiment with cooking with local ingredients), and air conditioned - which was a life saver! While the hut was a little run down, it worked perfectly, and provided us with a comfy little home for a week. It almost felt like we where glamping! We went off season, and can imagine if you have a stag do next door, it may be a pain, but we where lucky and had a wonderful experience.
We didn't use the restaurant as we enjoyed spending our evenings sat on the porch eating our own home made dinner!
We got a great deal from lastminute.com, and it was EXCELLENT value. Especially how expensive Sorrento can be.
From someone who wants a no frills holiday, I would recommend!
A word of warning! We went to a local restaurant near the beach with views over the sea (called Ristorant Ripetta Hotel I think), and we had a terrible experience! Because we where tourists they ignored us! Bad expensive food too.
Also, if you want to visit Naples, do not walk around the city, get a bus tour or something. We had some lad on a moped chuck coke all over us, and some of the locals where a bit intimidating.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Costa Alta Hotel Piano Di Sorrento
- Villaggio Costa Alta Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moderns and comfortables bungalows in stone are ready to give hospitality to customers with 2/6 bedden rooms.The structures are equipped with shower, wc, small kitchen (included corckery and cutlery), Refrigerator. In all the bungalows there is air conditioning.The village is far from the city traffic, on a flat platform on the sea.In the centre of the village there is the swimming pool (10x25 mt.) open from the end of May to the begin of october.Piano di Sorrento is a quiet place but offer a simple acces to cultural and fun places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, T4B, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Tingo, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Villaggio Costa Alta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.