I'd read mixed reviews on here before I booked but I also read between the lines & still booked. I wasn't disappointed.
All of the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help you. I had a chalet with flat screen TV and there was air con available (though I didn't use it). The chalets are basic but have all the necessities for basic meals. My only complaint was the lack of a kettle (which I will take with me for a future stay) but unless you're a tea addict like me, then you won't be bothered.
The beds were comfortable and I slept well with my ear plugs (I take them everywhere) so if the groups of young people were making a noise I didn't hear them. The shower is quite powerful and there was always plenty of hot water.
The pool is great (make sure you have a bathing cap if you want to swim though) and as other reports mention, you have it to yourself during the day. The restaurant is great if you eat anything like me. There wasn't a written menu & the dishes on offer were pizza (huge & I couldn't have done it justice), pasta, fish and a meat dish plus salad/chips as sides. No complaints about the food or the local wine.
The location is convenient. A 5 minute walk to the railway station (the owners were kind enough to give me a lift to the station with my luggage and also didn't charge me for staying a few hours longer than the usual checkout time) and 40 minutes to the centre of Sorrento. There is a supermarket, a bar and a restaurant just across the road and a couple of minutes down the road takes you to the harbour & beach... and also a great ice cream shop.
This is one place I will certainly return to but I'll make sure I have my kettle and mosquito repellent / bite cream.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Costa Alta Hotel
- Villaggio Costa Alta Hotel Piano Di Sorrento
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moderns and comfortables bungalows in stone are ready to give hospitality to customers with 2/6 bedden rooms.The structures are equipped with shower, wc, small kitchen (included corckery and cutlery), Refrigerator. In all the bungalows there is air conditioning.The village is far from the city traffic, on a flat platform on the sea.In the centre of the village there is the swimming pool (10x25 mt.) open from the end of May to the begin of october.Piano di Sorrento is a quiet place but offer a simple acces to cultural and fun places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Booking.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Villaggio Costa Alta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.