“Only Stopped for Lunch & the View!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Klein Wien

You added Hotel Klein Wien to your Saves list
Hotel Klein Wien
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Ripa di Cassano, 55, 80067 Piano di Sorrento, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Piano di Sorrento
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
“Only Stopped for Lunch & the View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed in Piano di Sorrento for one week and on my way home from my walk down to the Marina di Cassano, I stopped at Hotel Klein Wien because I noticed that there was a restaurant with a view. I was not disappointed. It was probably around 14:00.

When I got off the elevator on the 5th floor, I could see where folks checked in for the hotel and I made a right to where the restaurant was located. There was one table occupied with about six adults. The waiter told me I could only have a salad so that's what I had. I ate a mixed green salad with corn, olives, arugula and iceberg lettuce and two rolls. I put my own olive oil and vinegar on it, had a glass of wine and enjoyed the view. The gentleman waiting on me was pleasant and efficient. My salad and a glass of white ran was €7 which I felt was a good deal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have just returned from a trip to Sorrento with a group of Year 9 students. The hotel staff were very very friendly, and couldnt do enough for our students and my two colleagues. The rooms were very comfortable, the view was amazing, the food was delicious. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have just returned from a stay here with a party of school children. Whilst the room had spectacular views of the ocean, that said every thing else was terrible. The children's room were dirty, mattresses paper thin, you could feel the wires through the mattress. The showers didn't work properly low pressure throughout the hotel, no hot water. When the toilet was flushed out came dirty brown water.
As for the food. Breakfast consisted of one croissant, dried bread, jam and cereal. No fruit,or cheese or meat. Drinks diluted orange juice or hot coffee or chocolate. Evening meal was abysmal this consisted of a pasta starter which was cold, the main meal was two slices of school dinner style Turkey, peas mashed potatoes all of which were cold. The pudding was an orange or an apple.
The hotel had Sky TV. The staff were lovely very friendly.

Do not stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed as a school group from in the middle of October. The views from the rooms and dining area were stunning and the food was delicious. The location was excellent; there was easy access to climb Vesuvius and have a look around the city of Pompeii and the smaller town of Herculaneum. They were very kind as when we left I realised I had left an item of my belongings and the hotel returned it to me..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed this site and we able to go to many different destinations from here. Ferries, boats,Trains, buses, taxis, walking all were involved. I would stay here again. This was my first time here. Many restaurants, cooking schools, neighboring towns, historical sites, beaches, places to shop, people to watch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
travellertony73
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Came from Canada and stayed there at the end of July. We greatly enjoyed our two night stay. The view from our room was superb and the hotel staff was attentive and courteous. Especially the hotel manager who was kidding and talking in excellent English to our seven year old son. Will definitely stay there again if we visit the Amalfi coast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here with a high school group on our tour of Italy and Greece in June, 2013. Be mindful, as noted in some other reviews, of the check-in. Reception is on the 5th floor; you need to speak into an intercom in the foyer; beware the small step that leads into the darkened corridor to the lift: I did not see the step and fell flat on my face (resulting in a broken leg...my fault, sure, but just be careful when you step back from the intercom). Staff are very friendly; food is good enough, but nothing fantastic. The dining room has beautiful views of the sea and many rooms have lovely views over the water as well. It's a steep walk down to the beach below; however, our students were happy to walk down and splash around in the water. The hotel is centrally located; there was a street market nearby whilst we were there and the group wandered off to explore very happily. As some other reviews have suggested, this does seem to have a hostel feel to it; however, perhaps this is only during high season. There seemed to be other school groups there, which might put off some. However, our students were happy, and it was quiet at night - so it's certainly not squalid or unpleasant in any way. Perhaps the location is its best quality; the views are splendid. A good hotel for a budget stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Klein Wien? Share your experiences!