“Piano di Sorento vs Sorrento” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Soleluna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Madonna di Rosella 29, Piano di Sorrento, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Piano di Sorrento
Moscow, Russia
“Piano di Sorento vs Sorrento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Nice hotel located 800 meters to railway station (Piano di Sorrento). I recommend to stay here in comparison with Sorrento itself. Sure, Sorrento is more attractive to have parties, shopping and so on, but Piano is more comfortable for swimming, sunbathing, etc. moreover, it is just 2 stations of train. As to the hotel management... charming people, assisting you when you ask. Our room (102) was quite big, good air conditioning, WC equipment, no TV set. Price: I'd be happy to pay less, but everything in Sorrento area is more expensive in comparison with Naples (as example).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great stay here, stones throw away from the beach,, absolutely delicious food, like mouth watering scoops of heaveness. While I was staying here, I wasn't too well and had to go to hospital. The family looked after me, they took me to the hospital, waited for me until a doctor came and then they came to pick me up. Once I returned ( and it was late) , they offered to cook me some food and made me some tea. I was travelling alone, so to have such care and attention to detail was amazing, I'm so grateful. I also did a cook school while I was here, such a great chef. Very informative, made it easy and fun to learn and allowed me to learn dishes I wanted. A great little gem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sorrento, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel has a cooking school so you can order the dinner the cooking school and chef made. The friendly family are there all day and evening in the breakfast bar or the kitchen. Good headquarters for visits to Pompei, Capri, and Amalfi Coast. Small pets are welcome.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. No pool but five minute walk to the beach and ten minute walk to Circumvisuvia...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I just returned from my second stay at Soleluna. I booked for 10 nights because I was taking a number of cooking classes at the Mami Camilla Cooking School, which is located in the same building. I had a spacious room with a balcony. My bathroom was huge, and I had a perfect view of the island of Procida, in the the Bay of Naples. Odilia does a fantastic job running breakfast, the hotel, and the coffee bar. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay outside of Sorrento. (In the summer you can walk to a fantastic beach.) I was there off-season - January - and the weather was warm and partly sunny. I had a totally relaxing time and will go again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We only stayed 2 nights in Sorrento and we're very glad we stayed at Hotel Soleluna. From the very first email we were made to feel welcome. The rooms were clean and bright with lovely views. The breakfasts were fabulous - fresh and delicious, and so much to choose from! The dinners were amazing and sitting outside under the umbrellas was the best way to end the day. Any request was met with a resounding "Of course" and a huge smile. We would recommend Hotel Soleluna to anyone. We also did a Capitano Ago cruise which is operated by the same people (recommend that too) and our Captain, Francesco, was at dinner there one night as well - they make you feel part of the family.
Thank you to everyone there for making our stay so memorable. We can't wait to come back! We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to save money while backpacking. This place is very clean with large spacious rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's right near the water which is a plus and walking distance to the trains. We would recommend staying here. We went back the following year and stayed in Praino to make traveling easier, but on a low budget I was very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Hotel was very comfortable and clean. Management worked diligently to make our stay and that of our 4 friends a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The breakfast each morning was delicious. Some of it came from a cooking school at a sister property so we would have a quiche, a flourless almond chocolate torte (the best ever!) or other wonderful foods along with fantastic coffees, freshest, sweetest fruits and fresh mozzarella and tomatoes picked off the vine. This was the best breakfast I had in Europe!
There is a nice terrace where we would all gather in the afternoon/evening to have a glass of wine. The metro was only a 2-3 block walk through the neighborhood and Sorrento took about 5 minutes by metro. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

Room Tip: Our room needed a comfortable chair. Our friends had one so if this is something you want, ask for i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Soleluna? Share your experiences!